Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Don't make ME do this... (Read 54 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

This whole day has been gorgeous, I might just for a 3 mile walk or some sort of bike ride with the boy this late afternoon/evening. It hasn't even reached 70 I think.

THAT IS NOT GORGEOUS....THAT IS SHITTY!!!!  Sorry, just grouchy about the chill.

Oski...Has asking for a quote somehow become an annoyance?  I mean I can't imagine getting work done without something written and firm, but maybe there's something we're missing?  My work is more minor - new skylights need to be framed with some molding and the newly closed porch skylight needs to be finished off, but I was still expecting that it'd be around $1k.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

There is noway in hell I miss running in the crapola SIAR, you sir, are on your own!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SIAR, what's your weather like?

Scottydawg whose weather forecast is that, I feel so sorry for them.

There is noway in hell I miss running in the crapola SIAR, you sir, are on your own!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Got my 5 miles done today.  Felt like a slog after yesterday evening's run, but they're done.  I ran past a house that smelled like pancakes.  Yum!

Oski- I had something similar happen when we had water damage, only we weren't at the quote stage.  They came through and ran their dehumidifiers, then disappeared.  I couldn't even get anybody to tell me when they might be over to do the actual repairs.  So we called another guy, who was there THAT DAY.  The funny thing is, the crummy company was also really slow about sending their bill out for the work that they did do.  It was something like 2 months later, I think.

Hopefully runner guy is your man!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, what's your weather like?

Scottydawg whose weather forecast is that, I feel so sorry for them.

I'm in OH...we're barely getting into the 60s today. I loathe winter, and frankly am not a huge fan of fall either. We just haven't had that consistent stretch of 80+ weather that summer usually brings and I can already feel winter closing in on me. I'm pretty sure I have that seasonal affective disorder, and judging by my reaction to everyone today, it may be getting worse lol.

B-Plus

Meanwhile, Scotty actually runs in hell.

LRB

and judging by my reaction to everyone today, it may be getting worse lol.

That's hilarious, I was like WTF?!

It was in the mid 50's during my run this morning and I absolutely loved it!  No, it has not been summer(y) this month but I am reminded of quite a few hot ass runs in June so it balances itself out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm in OH...we're barely getting into the 60s today. I loathe winter, and frankly am not a huge fan of fall either. We just haven't had that consistent stretch of 80+ weather that summer usually brings and I can already feel winter closing in on me. I'm pretty sure I have that seasonal affective disorder, and judging by my reaction to everyone today, it may be getting worse lol.

I did live in Ohio, SIAR.  I was at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base for 3 years. Hated the winters there, loved the mild springs, summers, and falls. If Ohio could've done away with winter I would have stayed.  The last year I was there it snowed in MAY!  That was it for me.  I asked the Air Force to reassign me to someplace with no winter and no damn snow, which I hate.  I was reassigned to San Antonio.  Guess I sure got what I asked for, lol!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Meanwhile, Scotty actually runs in hell.

Yes.  I'm in training for my next life.   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I did live in Ohio, SIAR.  I was at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base for 3 years. Hated the winters there, loved the mild springs, summers, and falls. If Ohio could've done away with winter I would have stayed.  The last year I was there it snowed in MAY!  That was it for me.  I asked the Air Force to reassign me to someplace with no winter and no damn snow, which I hate.  I was reassigned to San Antonio.  Guess I sure got what I asked for, lol!

And you were even in tropical Ohio ha! I'm a lot closer to Cleveland, and once fall comes around we are about 10 degrees cooler. Fortunately, winters have been mild of late in terms of snowfall, but 30 degree temps aren't fun either. It's a wonder we all don't just turn to living in the climate we most prefer...darn families and jobs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least Scotty gets some nice low temps of less than 82F.  Bah.  I hate living down here.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And you were even in tropical Ohio ha! I'm a lot closer to Cleveland, and once fall comes around we are about 10 degrees cooler. Fortunately, winters have been mild of late in terms of snowfall, but 30 degree temps aren't fun either. It's a wonder we all don't just turn to living in the climate we most prefer...darn families and jobs.

HUH.  I was born outside of Akron.

I grew up mostly in Michigan.

I live in the South for a reason.  I do not miss Michigan or Ohio winters AT. ALL.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is low 70s in NY and I LOVE IT!!! It is sunny, a little wind....and no rain like the past few days. Soaking it in before I head down south for 12 days. Speaking of....Damaris I will let you know when my schedule is a little more ironed out. My parents are in charge of trip planning, which means plans are very fluid and usually done last minute lol. So I have no idea where we will be staying in Miami, exactly when, and what our plans are lol. I just know we will be there!

Done with my expensive foam rolling session/paid torture aka massage. He got the bothersome knot in my quad out mostly, but said there's still a lump of scar tissue in there from when I tore that quad tendon 5 years ago that will take more work. He also worked the knots and tightness in my calves and hips.....I feel like a new woman! Also got my run in.....my first Running Wizard Hill workout, which involved a lot of easy jogging, some strides, and uphill "bounding." It was fun Smile. Ended up with about 3 miles.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Keep me posted!  When is it again?

It is low 70s in NY and I LOVE IT!!! It is sunny, a little wind....and no rain like the past few days. Soaking it in before I head down south for 12 days. Speaking of....Damaris I will let you know when my schedule is a little more ironed out. My parents are in charge of trip planning, which means plans are very fluid and usually done last minute lol. So I have no idea where we will be staying in Miami, exactly when, and what our plans are lol. I just know we will be there!

Done with my expensive foam rolling session/paid torture aka massage. He got the bothersome knot in my quad out mostly, but said there's still a lump of scar tissue in there from when I tore that quad tendon 5 years ago that will take more work. He also worked the knots and tightness in my calves and hips.....I feel like a new woman! Also got my run in.....my first Running Wizard Hill workout, which involved a lot of easy jogging, some strides, and uphill "bounding." It was fun Smile. Ended up with about 3 miles.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You and I would so not get along in person then  Big grin, though 80 degree weather is great to me too, between 80-85 that is and like no humidity, then I can deal with it. But I much prefer Fall and Winter... mostly Fall but that only lasts 2 months if we're lucky, though last year there was no Fall, Summer led straight through November and into December before it got cold.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)