Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are out of half and half (Read 36 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Wakey wakey!  Happy Weekend!  DW has a half ironman tomorrow and she's been instructed to eat lots of pancakes for breakfast today, so I'll be making those just as soon as I finish this here dailies.  Speaking of breakfast and the thread title, I like half and half in my coffee and am all out.  Whipped cream from a spray can makes a fine substitute.

I've got a real easy 4 mile shakeout to do later, then packet pickup for my HM tomorrow.

So, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY.

<3

LRB

'Sup.

Although I use half & half while out, I am a Coffee-Mate creamer guy at home.

LRB

I suffered some kind of sprain on the top of my stupid right foot during Thursday's run that refuses to go away. I have been pretty much walking with a limp ever since so today will be URD # 2.

Cyberic

I'm a fresh milk or fresh cream kinda guy for my coffee. About 8-9 miles on tap for today. It's sunny and cool this morning. That will be nice.

cjones1

Who cares about running? Let's deal with this coffee problem. I'm a half and half guy, but I'll use milk if we're out.  Although, thanks to my superhero wife, were literally never out of anything. Smile

Oh, yeah I'm taking my weekend rest day today instead of tomorrow.  Plan on hitting the track bright and early tomorrow.

Go kill it everybody!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

Black coffee or GTFO. Makes life way easier.

Run now, coffee after

Dave

Little Blue

A sorry 2 miles this morning.  Yuck, just wasn't fun.  I guess 5 hours of mowing grass yesterday was enough.  And a couple more today.

Have had coffee (sugar, no white stuff), but can't seem to get my eyes open.  I've been up for almost three hours and still feel groggy.  Good thing it's Saturday!

happylily

Did I read whipped cream? Baboon, you're crazy! Although whipped cream in a Spanish coffee, mmmmm...

Good luck to Baboon's wife! And pamper your legs today, Phil! Good luck tomorrow!

I have two short and very slow runs today. The first one in an hour and the second one before supper.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I suffered some kind of sprain on the top of my stupid right foot during Thursday's run that refuses to go away. I have been pretty much walking with a limp ever since so today will be URD # 2.

I just learned a new word: sprain. Maybe I heard it before but I thought people were saying "strain". It's like Sesame Street here for me. Big grin

I hope it gets better soon. Make sure you don't wear shoes which are too tight for your foot. (like you didn't think of that yourself...)

B-Plus

Thanks Baboon for starting the thread before making pancakes. GL to Mrs. Baboon.

Black coffee for me as well.

1 in a few hours.

happylily

I just noticed that I used 6 exclamation marks in my 9 sentences. That's way too many.

LRB

I just noticed that I used 6 exclamation marks in my 9 sentences. That's way too many.

If they were used consecutively, LtH would certainly not approve. That they were not, I think he would.

LRB

I just learned a new word: sprain. Maybe I heard it before but I thought people were saying "strain". It's like Sesame Street here for me. Big grin

Unless spoken by a medical professional, sprain and strain are interchangeable to the layman and are used when you don't know WTF the actual ailment is.

happylily

Unless spoken by a medical professional, sprain and strain are interchangeable to the layman and are used when you don't know WTF the actual ailment is.

Ha! that's why! I always say strain. Now I can vary a bit and make it look like I'm smart (when in actuality, I don't know WTF I'm talking about. )

happylily

If they were used consecutively, LtH would certainly not approve. That they were not, I think he would.

hahaha!!! (take that, LTH)

We had the same thought, you and I.