Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are out of half and half (Read 36 times)

LRB

I do actually plan to go out for pancakes, just not sure if I will go back to the same place or try a new one.

I have rarely met a pancake that I did not like.

DavePNW

I have rarely met a pancake that I did not like.

Word. Anyway I am back at the same place. But just getting the blueberry pancakes this time. A classic.

MTA: they were awesome.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core. Getting ready to head over to a carnival with DH and some friends, mainly for Italian sausage with peppers and onions.

This week, I've been using cashew milk in my morning latte. I alternate between that almond milk and the coconut/almond mix. Whipped cream on coffee is so good. That's what got me drinking it--the desert type drinks in the Coffee Beanery in the mall near me where I grew up had loads of whipped cream. I could barely taste the coffee. Yum!

LRB

I cannot remember the last time I sat on my ass and did absolutely nothing but surf the 'net this far into the day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.5 for me.

Marjorie

LRB

I guess I should get up and do the one thing I need to do this weekend; cut the forest that is my yard before I am issued a notice of violation from the city. lol

Little Blue

I guess I should get up and do the one thing I need to do this weekend; cut the forest that is my yard before I am issued a notice of violation from the city. lol

Gee, my mower just bit the dust, or I'd add you to my list.    My self-propelled mower isn't, did about 2/3 of a hilly yard by brute force.

My brute is all wore out.

DavePNW

I guess I should get up and do the one thing I need to do this weekend; cut the forest that is my yard hair before I am issued a notice of violation from the city. lol

This is me with a slight variation.

Dave

LRB

Gee, my mower just bit the dust, or I'd add you to my list.    My self-propelled mower isn't, did about 2/3 of a hilly yard by brute force.

My brute is all wore out.

I was out there for 2 hours of that nonsense.

It would be half of that if I did not have to stop to empty the bag after each pass on the lawn.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  I have a run with hubby in a few hours.

I cannot believe my first post of the day is on page 3.  Bad D!

Damaris

Zelanie

I am not having coffee or creamer these days!   But I am feeling better without it, unfortunately.

I ran 6 with the dogs.  I haven't taken them running in a while now, but I didn't have time to run and then walk them  today.  They did well- I took it super easy and stopped at the river a bunch of times to let them cool off and drink.  And at least we know that walking with them regularly (off leash) is enough to keep them fit enough that they can just go out and run.  Looking forward to more runs with them this summer!

LRB

Little Blue

I am not having coffee or creamer these days!   But I am feeling better without it, unfortunately.

I ran 6 with the dogs.  I haven't taken them running in a while now, but I didn't have time to run and then walk them  today.  They did well- I took it super easy and stopped at the river a bunch of times to let them cool off and drink.  And at least we know that walking with them regularly (off leash) is enough to keep them fit enough that they can just go out and run.  Looking forward to more runs with them this summer!

Good that you keep your dogs in 10K shape.

Little Blue

Cyberic

I will post a not so popular comment here.

We're all runners, right? Even though we can be very different in real life, we have a thing in common, we run. In that aspect, I think we pretty much all go out of our way not to be a nuisance to other runners.

But your dogs are not as smart as you. Twice this week, I've had to stop completely because the dog of a runner, not on a leash, would be right in front of me. First time, the dog wanted to play with me. I like dogs, but I didn't feel like playing at that time. I was concentrated on running at marathon pace, trying to feel relaxed, kind of in a transe. It's a minor annoyance, but it is still an annoyance. Happened again today. This time, the owner called to her dog to get out of the way, and by hearing the owner's voice, it confused the dog and it stopped right there, directly in front of me. I was running at MP again, and didn't feel like coming to a complete stop, and accelerate again. Again, an annoyance.

It's not that I don't like dogs. We've always had dogs when I was a kid. I prefer not to have one as I find the responsability of having one outweighs the benefits, but it's not that I don't like them, or that I'm afraid of dogs.

I just thought that a runner's forum would be a good place to say this to other runners.