Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES Can only mean one thing... (Read 44 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Lily - Congratulations! Wow!

7 Miles on the TM done this morning. That's about all I got. Smile

Have a great day.

- Andrew

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Lily - Congrats! Glad baby and daughter are doing well.

Damaris - Hope you continue to heal well.

Nevrgivup - Woo-hoo!!!

Everyone else - Good morning!

SRD for me, I'm going to do a longer run tomorrow with some friends. I'll take today to get some things done. We had some pretty strong storms last night. The thunder and wind kept our older dog awake. The new dog was unfazed by it all. Fortunately, no damage, but I've got some branches and debris to clear from the yard. There might be a nap on tap today.

Have a great Friday!

Zelanie

Congratulations, Lily, and welcome to Esmee!  There is an Esme at my school, and she is a great kid. Smile

Planning on 7 tonight after work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First day I'm allowed to drive and took my dad to the airport.  All is well.  I might need a nap, though.

We will miss him but I think the cats are pleased.  Rubio was giving the runaround and Sammy wouldn't even come down with him here.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Maybe, DH's computer at home sucks but on my laptop I downloaded that new "Garmin Express" thing and it immediately found my 610 so I might try it on his computer and see what happens.

Congrats Julie!!!!

Edit: After downloading the Garmin Express on DH's computer, it immediately found my 610 Smile so all is good.

It's probably the computer.  All my uploading problems with Garmin went away (and I always had issues uploading) when I bought a Mac.  So I guess it's always the PC and the uploading process.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news, Andrea.

Congratulations, Lily.

BP is normal now, very happy.

Damaris

B-Plus

Congrats Lily!

3 or move SRD from Sunday to today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sometimes I just want to get a hammer or a baseball bat though....... computers can be the most irritating inanimate objects ever! 

Good news, Andrea.

Congratulations, Lily.

BP is normal now, very happy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sometimes I just want to get a hammer or a baseball bat though....... PCs can be the most irritating inanimate objects ever! 

FYP

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  Went to a local park yesterday. Had planned on 3 easy miles but the weather was so nice - 81 degrees - I carried on.  Did a mix of off-road trails and park paved trails.  Met this huge and very cool Great Dane.  He was with 3 guys on bikes and would run alongside of them as they cycled. The dang dog was just about as tall as the bikes, lol.  I didn't think about it then, but later I regretted not asking one of the guys to take a photo of me with the dog and e-mail it to me.  Anyway, I ended up with 4.2 miles total.  As I was finishing up I caught a root and ended up slip-sliding down a small hill, tweaking my inner thigh - where the hip connects to the groin -  just a bit.   Not really painful, but enough to bug me that I took one of my muscle relaxers last night.  That stuff really makes you loop, so glad I am off work today and didn't have to drive!  Ended up sleeping in until 9 a.m.!    Today is a rest day and tomorrow I have a 5K in Bastrop, a very scenic little town by a river.  It's about an hour's drive from San Antonio, so I'll be up early tomorrow.

Sorry, LRB, I don't 'race."  But I sure do participate in races all year round.   We local runners are lucky to have the weather here to allow us to do that.    What races do you have in mind for this year?

Good luck with your run today, DaveP, whatever you decide to do.  I plan on watching that game too..even though I am not a big hockey fan and really don't understand all the rules, penalties, etc., other than...you get the puck in the net the most, you win!

Wow, you and Rocky were really motivated this morning, FreeSoul!  No slacking for you two!  Glad you got your garmin to work.  I would not mind having a SIMPLE garmin...one that would countdown alternate-time like my Ironman watch does (it counts down 8 minutes for my run time, switches to 2-min for my walk time, then goes back to 8-min, and so forth, continuously till I stop it)..and would tell me my pace and tell me my distance...and that's IT.  I don't need all the other techno-stuff on it, don't need it to link with my computer, etc, for the kind of running I do.  I just need something VERY simple.

Sometimes I just want to get a hammer or a baseball bat though.  I feel that way at times about some of my idiot co-workers......of course, I really would never hurt anyone...but too bad we can't have it like in the cartoons..where you can whack some sense into someone but they never actually get hurt...

I hadn't heard about the baby arriving, lily. Congrats, Grandma!   Dang, you're probably one of the youngest-looking grandmas ever!  Time for "only" 8 miles, huh?  lol.

Good luck with your race on Sunday, Jay!  And Go Team USA!  Kind of  interesting both the men and women's teams playing Canada.  Hopefully the men's team result will not be the same as the women's team result.

Good luck with the half marathon, Phil, hope you rock it!

Wow, Basya, that's impressive...you must have one heckuva radio to pick up a signal all the way from Vietnam!

At least you can now drive again, Damaris.   Are you allowed to go back to work yet, or are you working from home?

Nice dream run, jj!

Congrats on your miles and your come-back start nevrgivup!   3 miles total? Heck, you're in recovery and already up to what my usual run-for-the-day mileage is, lol.   Glad your physical therapy is going well too.  You're going to be the Rehab Queen!  Umm, you're not related to Baboon, are you?    He was the Rehab King after his knee surgery.

Gee, Jack, sounds like the cure for that sudden illness is some Zion clean fresh air....

Way to go on your 7, Andrew.

Enjoy your SRD, Hobbit, and good luck with your run tomorrow with your friends, enjoy.   Probably a good thing your new doggie was unfazed, he may help the older doggie get through it all.   Nice to have friends with you during a stormy period.

Good luck with the 7, Zelanie.  Hope your weather is behaving!

Have a great day, B-Plus, whether it's a running day or an SRD.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am not allowed to work for two weeks.  Third week might be from home.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, I'm reading the story on Outside magazine that Mark Remy linked to in today's List. It's just so fascinating that this guy isn't sitting in jail. Here's the link. It's definitely running related, and hopefully a precautionary tale to not get mixed up with this guy.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had something similar happened to me when I signed up for a race here in Miami that never existed.  I wonder if the person is the same or if it's a similar episode in a world full of crooks.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, all!

Congratulations, Lily! She sounds wonderfully captivating.

Good luck with the HM tomorrow, Baboon!
                              Great news, Hilary!

6 miles on the indoor track for me. And now, after a month with no work projects (I do freelance stuff very part-time from home), I have 4 different things all dropped in my lap in the last 24 hours and due in 2-3 weeks. Go, me!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes D, PCs do suck and Macs are better but we don't feel like spending $5000 to replace all of our PCs or even just two of them for $2000 or more. My PCs aren't that bad, and for their prices I can handle their little stupid irritations.

Scotty, I feel that way about other drivers. I like getting my run done before dawn, get it out of the way so I know I've taken care of it.

PRs