Beginners and Beyond

Bank of America Chicago Marathon (RR) (Read 143 times)

PADRunner

Great race. Great report.  Congrats!

Ric-G

i think you did great...you made the most out of your training...and that's all we can ask for....the fact that you were indeed happy after the race says it all....congrats and enjoy the recovery.

marathon pr - 3:16

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats.  Glad you made it to Oak Park, my hometown.  Too bad you couldn't stay for the FL Wright race, which was today.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

me thinks you could have used a pacer, like in Boston Big grin

ok sorry, that was a joke.  I see you went out almost at your Boston PR pace, but on 9 weeks of training and with no speedwork.  Being able to hold it for as long as you did is pretty awesome.

workinprogress11

Thanks so much for the wonderful race report. You did an amazing job after your injuries and on only 9 weeks of marathon specific training. I love your spirit and love that you were able to have fun even while slowing down. I'm so glad you loved Chicago as much as I do.

Many congratulations!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Nice race and report, although maybe not the most conventional pacing strategy.

When's your next European marathon?

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

LRB

Good stuff Lily, way to keep the wheels from falling off there at the end.  You have run marathons all over the globe, what's next?

outoftheblue

Only you can make a positive split marathon sound like a blast!  Impressive race overall and you looked terrific out there.

Life is good.

onemile

I always enjoy the photos in your race reports.  Sounds like a solid race post injury.  Nicely done.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

What a great RR!!!! I really really enjoyed reading this! It was such a lovely tribute to Chicago. I went to Chicago with 2 of my girlfriends last summer and just fell in LOVE with the city and I am glad you loved it too!!! Congrats on nailing your goal as well....even if you did it "dirty" Joking. Awesome pics! Really enjoyed the whole thing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

never run

Cool training race, cool pictures.

Just and FYI, I have you beat for longest Full Marathon Training run at over 27 miles I think.  Trail Marathons, somewhere between 26.2 and a 50k.

Baboon

delicate flower

You are a BQ machine!  Congratulations, lily!

<3

Great race, congrats!

hog4life

Lily, You just amaze me to no end. Even after the setback with PF, you ran a strong race, congratulations. Your pictures are always so beautiful.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Very nice RR Lily. I really enjoyed all of your pictures.

- Andrew