Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #232 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Woke up to rain, but no thunder. 6 miles with 6x800. Those felt really rough, guess that's what happens when you skip speedwork for a month.

delicate flower

Waking up at 5:45 to swim or run = no problem.

Waking up at 5:15 to swim or run =

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Waking up at 5:45 to swim or run = no problem.

Waking up at 5:15 to swim or run =

Even though I don't do it, 5:15 in June or July doesn't seem too awful since it's already starting to get light. Now that sunrise is after 6am, it makes it harder & harder to get up around 6. Plus, the damn birds seem to wake up as soon as it gets light & make all sorts of noise.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It was a nice 54F this morning so I ran 5 before work. Pollen was low so I could even breathe and stuff. More tonight and weights.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went to the gym, focusing on the shoulders. Then went out for an easy 5 miler, legs still feeling heavy from Monday's workout but overall it was good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Morning!

63F, 52DP, oh yeah!

Ran 10 with 12 x (1K / 200m), all by HR. No idea of pace while running. Much faster than I would have thought. When I got home and saw the paces I was like what? Crazy how humidity kills.

LRB

Waking up at 3:25 for no reason at all = no problem.

Trying to go back to sleep before getting up at 5:00 to start my day = impossible. 

KCRuns

I got an email today for the Hot Chocolate Virtual Race this fall.  I have been very anti- virtual races, but am actually interested in this one.  The cost is much lower than their real races and the jacket this year looks really nice.  Their jackets/hoodies are some of my favorites and this year's has a detachable hood.  Well worth the $45 IMO.  I'll think on this for a few days and see if my SIL wants to do it as well.

onemile

Morning!

63F, 52DP, oh yeah!

Ran 10 with 12 x (1K / 200m), all by HR. No idea of pace while running. Much faster than I would have thought. When I got home and saw the paces I was like what? Crazy how humidity kills.

I expect you are feeling more optimistic about your upcoming marathon now 

delicate flower

I took an early lunch break and ran 6.11 miles, just circling my block a bunch of times so I stay close to the house in case work called.  I love this work from home deal.  I suspect I'll be able to continue work day lunch runs when I'm back in the office since it is located in the suburbs instead of a shithole city.  I'll hit 70 miles this week if I don't fuck it up.  70 miles is rare for me.

<3

Cyberic

I expect you are feeling more optimistic about your upcoming marathon now 

Yeah, but I don't want to get carried away. Most of my workouts are not so great

onemile

Yeah, but I don't want to get carried away. Most of my workouts are not so great

oh just wait til it cools off 

instead of a shithole city. 

Can confirm, having run several times in the area of Baboon’s old office. There is actually a nice asphalt trail along the river, but I don’t think I ever encountered a single other person on it. It was kind of spooky in the pre-dawn hours.

Dave

sdWhiskers

3 miles and now I'm onsite at work. Feels surreal.

9 miles with 8x800m with 200m recoveries. Paces were...good enough. A bit faster than 10k.

Dave