Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and wake up already omg (Read 46 times)

DavePNW

Yeah. I was starting to worry since I hadn't had one of those, I can barely run 4 miles how am I going to run 26.2 runs.  

I am all packed and ready to go. What am I forgetting?

It's actually miles. That one is good to know.

Did you remember to pack a big can of whoop-ass?

Dave

LRB

To not forget anything. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Nothing you can't buy in Boston!    I recommend bringing back Red Sox souvenirs for everyone you know.

<3

B-Plus

Nothing you can't buy in Boston!    I recommend bringing back Red Sox souvenirs for everyone you know.

I'm going to the game tmw. I haven't decided which team to cheer for. Any suggestions?

From the Internet.

ALRIIIIGHT! I have delegated enough work on Monday so that I can head into Boston to spectate! Big grin I'll be somewhere in the last mile most likely - taking the commuter rail to Back Bay and just walking to the course from there.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Everyone local here is having awesome and Fast runs today probably because of the nice weather. OF COURSE I had an awful 10 miler which has zapped all confidence out of me. Omg. Race day is almost here and I'm freaking out. Aaaaaaaack.

I'm so excited for all the Boston runners. I can't wait to watch. Kick some ass and kids some girls. Smile

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm going to the game tmw. I haven't decided which team to cheer for. Any suggestions?

Have you ever been to Fenway and cheered for the visiting team?  Try that and enjoy the game.

<3

DavePNW

Have you ever been to Fenway and cheered for the visiting team?  Try that and enjoy the emergency room.

FYP.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I'm excited and envious for all of you who are running Boston.  I hope all goes well for you.

I had a very easy 4.8 today on a hot (80 deg) sunny day.  Passing all the people working on their yards made me feel guilty, but also pretty happy.  Our last freeze date is  still almost a month away, so I can't plant much now anyway.

DavePNW

Passing all the people working on their yards made me feel guilty, but also pretty happy.  Our last freeze date is  still almost a month away, so I can't plant much now anyway.

This is making me really uncomfortable, since I was hoping to sell our house before having to do any spring yardwork.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

FYP.

Not as bad as a Patriots game, but he'd get yelled at, mocked, laughed at, reminded that his team sucks and his city is a shithole no matter what team or city it is.  But if he wears his BAA jacket that will probably buy him a whole lot of slack.

<3

onemile

I am at the airport. What I forgot is headphones.   Not for the race but to listen to my audio book on the plane. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Too early to start stalking the weather for my marathon next Sunday?  Every weather site is saying 40 degrees at gun time, topping out at 50 during the race.  Sunny and breezy.

<3

DavePNW

I am at the airport. What I forgot is headphones.   Not for the race but to listen to my audio book on the plane. 

Depending on the airline/aircraft, they may offer to sell you a crappy pair for $2-$3.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I have seen such things for sale at various airports.  Reasonably priced, too.  

<3