Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and wake up already omg (Read 46 times)

DavePNW

Too early to start stalking the weather for my marathon next Sunday?  Every weather site is saying 40 degrees at gun time, topping out at 50 during the race.  Sunny and breezy.

Perfect PR BQ weather!

Dave

LRB

ZOMG - I just saw someone walking a cat! 

onemile

onemile

I have seen such things for sale at various airports.  Reasonably priced, too.  

10 bucks later and I have some.

LRB

I am at the airport. What I forgot is headphones.   Not for the race but to listen to my audio book on the plane. 

As long as you have all the race essentials, ID and loot, you done good.

Suitcase? A large gym bag and a knapsack should suffice.

That's how I roll Smile

Thank you all for the safe travel wishes, headed out in about an hour. The drive to the airport was considerably more enjoyable than back in January.

Since I was off all day and it was gorgeous out, I ran a couple 5Ks that were at 9 and 11 am in neighboring towns.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I am at the airport. What I forgot is headphones.   Not for the race but to listen to my audio book on the plane. 

Good time to catch up on your sleep...or annoy the passenger next to you with all your running stories.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Perfect PR BQ weather!

Boon Quality

cjones1

Since I was off all day and it was gorgeous out, I ran a couple 5Ks that were at 9 and 11 am in neighboring towns.

You say this as if it's normal to do two races in one day. Boss. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

Have you ever been to Fenway and cheered for the visiting team?  Try that and enjoy the game.

Have you seen the video of the Fenway pizza throwing incident from Marathon Monday several years ago?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

You say this as if it's normal to do two races in one day, two days before a marathon. Boss. Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.3 miles. Still feeling rough from last Sunday. Plus it was 83 degrees out. Ok, the dewpoint was 46, so not summer like, but the first 80 degree day of the year and just over a week ago the high was less than 46.

Dave P, ouch. Just think of the ER money you could have saved by letting everyone on the forum read the x-ray.

Safe travels Boston runners.

B+. looks like Boston plays the Orioles on Monday. Do not wear orange & black, although I think the Orioles fans here think Boston is more of a rivalry than the Boston fans do. Especially since the Orioles sucked for so long. This became the park Boston (and Yankees fans) came to when they wanted to see their team & couldn't get home tickets.

LRB

Do not wear orange & black, although I think the Orioles fans here think Boston is more of a rivalry than the Boston fans do. Especially since the Orioles sucked for so long. This became the park Boston (and Yankees fans) came to when they wanted to see their team & couldn't get home tickets.

Packers, Vikings and Bears fan have all made Detroit their second home over the years so I feel your pain. The thing about it though is I have never felt compelled to heckle an opposing teams fans. To do so makes zero sense to me.

workinprogress11

Go Boston runners!  I hope you all have the races you want to have.

URD for me because time kind of got away from me today.  Ah, well.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Packers, Vikings and Bears fan have all made Detroit their second home over the years so I feel your pain. The thing about it though is I have never felt compelled to heckle an opposing teams fans. To do so makes zero sense to me.

I have no pain, not a baseball fan.  I have been to a grand total of 2 O's games in my life. One of my friends had trouble getting a block of hotel rooms for her wedding because the Yankees were in town that weekend. This wasn't even in Baltimore City proper!