Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Heading into the weekend like... (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, you got to sign up for the weather first, then you copy and paste?

I think when you click weather it will ask for your zip code.

Damaris

onemile

But that was 50% warmer.

but it was 5 degrees when I ran. 

oldfartrunner

I think when you click weather it will ask for your zip code.

I'm clicking but nothing is happening? I signed up for a subscription, but the transaction is pending.

It's saying drag to add this item-from the widgets. But then it has a 0 slash saying I can't do it.

Maybe I need to add a app under tools-like you have to for Garmin Connect? But it does it auto.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm clicking but nothing is happening? I signed up for a subscription, but the transaction is pending.

It's saying drag to add this item-from the widgets. But then it has a 0 slash saying I can't do it.

Maybe I need to add a app under tools-like you have to for Garmin Connect? But it does it auto.

Sorry, forgot to say you have to drag the weather widget where you want it shown and then it will ask you.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

It was a high of 8 on Tuesday and Wednesday and I ran outside both days.

Badass. I bet with the windchill factor it was colder, too, yes?

With windchill tomorrow the high is supposed to be -20*F. I'm taking my ass to the treadmill today and tomorrow.

onemile

With windchill tomorrow the high is supposed to be -20*F. I'm taking my ass to the treadmill today and tomorrow.

I think -11 with the wind chill. It wasn't super windy.  Where do you live?

oldfartrunner

Sorry, forgot to say you have to drag the weather widget where you want it shown and then it will ask you.

I got it!!!  Thanks Damaris! ... I dragged it to the small upper middle space and that is when it appeared. Entered my city, and it's 46 and sunny!

Baboon

delicate flower

More like this in these temps!

<3

oldfartrunner

Image result for mule on a treadmill- funny cartoon pics

RunningOnSand

I think -11 with the wind chill. It wasn't super windy.  Where do you live?

MN. It's cold AF here, probably through Jan. Sad

RunningOnSand

GC100k

No. It's not -20 "with the windchill". One of my irrational pet-peaves. If it's 4 degrees, it's 4 degrees no matter what the wind is doing. Someone came up with the "wind chill" to try to represent how the wind makes it feel colder. Maybe if you're standing outside naked in the wind, 4 degrees with wind feels like -20 without wind, but it's not the same as actually being -20.

onemile

No. It's not -20 "with the windchill". One of my irrational pet-peaves. If it's 4 degrees, it's 4 degrees no matter what the wind is doing. Someone came up with the "wind chill" to try to represent how the wind makes it feel colder. Maybe if you're standing outside naked in the wind, 4 degrees with wind feels like -20 without wind, but it's not the same as actually being -20.

No one said it was the same 

GinnyinPA

True, but 20 degrees and windy is harder to deal with than 20 and calm. Same with heat index. I dress for the feels like temperature, not just the air temp.

RunningOnSand

True, but 20 degrees and windy is harder to deal with than 20 and calm. Same with heat index. I dress for the feels like temperature, not just the air temp.

Ditto. And when the wind comes off our frozen lake (vs a calm day w/no wind) you really can feel it (and no I'm not naked outside Big grin ).