Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Heading into the weekend like... (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

You can get a 220 for pretty cheap too, probably. The 245 will be out soon, so the 220 will be like a dinausor watch.

If you go with Garmin, and you get any watch that has a 3 digits model number, it will be plenty customizable for your needs.

IK,R? I think it already is. But it's still available, and if something happened to my current one I'd probably get another.

BTW, I'm currently sitting in the theater waiting for Star Wars to start, so I will also be out of commission for the next 2.5 hrs.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 15. Idk what the wind chill was but it was cold and started snowing and then the roads were all slippery. My glutes are crying.

oldfartrunner

I ran 15. Idk what the wind chill was but it was cold and started snowing and then the roads were all slippery. My glutes are crying.

Nice work Shortii!

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 42 minutes on the treadmill, which included 5 x 5:00 at a fairly hard effort, with 2:00 recoveries.  This was the first time in several weeks that shin pain did not slow me down but tired legs did.  Progress!  The kid on the treadmill next to me was wearing his Vassar College track kit and was focking hammering.  So naturally I Googled the Vassar College track team and I found him.  5K of 15:16 and 10K of 31:59.  Ok then.

<3

onemile

I ran 42 minutes on the treadmill, which included 5 x 5:00 at a fairly hard effort, with 2:00 recoveries.  This was the first time in several weeks that shin pain did not slow me down but tired legs did.  Progress!  

I actually did the same workout but only 4 x 5 min.

Ughhh I am so out of shape. I thought about doing 5 but my legs were beat after 4.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.8 miles. I alternated between feeling overdressed and underdressed, depending on the direction of the wind..

oldfartrunner

Garmin 620 for 223.00 on Amazon. 220 is not anywhere to be found. Good deal???

LRB

You can get a 220 for pretty cheap too, probably. The 245 will be out soon, so the 220 will be like a dinausor watch.

If you go with Garmin, and you get any watch that has a 3 digits model number, it will be plenty customizable for your needs.

Agreed. This is pretty much SOP (standard operating procedure) for the hobby jogger. The FR 10 is as rudimentary as it gets, which is fine if that's all you need. I need my screens set a certain way though.

I think our collective heads would explode if OFR got into the 600 series or Lord help us, anything higher, so I would second DaveP's choice of the 220. I had one, it's fine, and it's more than enough watch for what we do. I prefer the 630 to the 220, but would run with the 220 with no problem. I could not run with a FR 10 though, unless it was an emergency situation. That's not to knock it, I just need more than that.

LRB

Garmin 620 for 223.00 on Amazon. 220 is not anywhere to be found. Good deal???

I LOVED my 620. It's a lot of watch though. I didn't use most of the features because doing so requires wearing a strap.

oldfartrunner

I LOVED my 620. It's a lot of watch though. I didn't use most of the features because doing so requires wearing a strap.

It's cheaper than the 230, and it has 1-4 functions showing at once, so sounds like I ought to pull the trigger maybe?  Don't care about all the training metrics. ...Got to hit the road for 5 more!

LRB

It's cheaper than the 230, and it has 1-4 functions showing at once, so sounds like I ought to pull the trigger maybe?  Don't care about all the training metrics. ...Got to hit the road for 5 more!

With the 40 series (or 45 depending on who you ask) upon us, it's about to be two generations removed. Some people ended up having issues with it, but I never did. I didn't run with mine much more than a year or so though.

Baboon

delicate flower

I loved my 620** and would still have it if I didn't start doing triathlons and switch to a 920.

** after a year of dealing with bugs due to being an early adopter

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of GARMIN, I gave the wife the option of a 935 or a Fenix for her holiday present.  She had the 920 and wants the HR data but really doesn't like wearing the strap.  So she opted for the Fenix.  So far, she is in love.  She sold her 920 for $180, so really the Fenix cost us $320.

<3

Cyberic

Yeah, since I saw the picture, I understood that it could.  I never really looked at watches much, the 10 was the cheapest so went with that. Now I want to do the log and everything, might as well get one that I can use on the run a little better. Thanks!

CY: I'm a Dinosaur too.

Nothing wrong with dinosaurs

Cyberic

Loved the 620 also. Sold it because mine did not like extreme cold. Not a problem on ofr's wrist.

The 600 series are touch screen. I liked it, but some may not. That's the only thing I would warn you about before getting a 620, ofr. Oh, and the audio beeps and the vibration were much better back then than what they make now. (220, 620 are louder and vibrate stronger than 230, 235 and 630).

Like LRB said, the 620 is quite a watch.