Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and the Beast (Read 47 times)

Zelanie

I'm an expert on tapering now, in case you forgot...

You have a very high success rate for your taper.

Cyberic

You have a very high success rate for your taper.

It could have been very low too. But... 

onemile

I'm an expert on tapering now, in case you forgot...

I just checked your log and I am actually planning on running the same # of miles this week as you did in your first taper week.  That has to be a good sign...

Cyberic

I just checked your log and I am actually planning on running the same # of miles this week as you did in your first taper week.  That has to be a good sign...

Which was what? 55? 50?

onemile

Which was what? 55? 50?

LRB

Good Morning!

Beast of burden or pizza burnin'?

5.1 easy is the plan.

'Sup, yo. Cool

DavePNW

So there was a small police traffic hold up on one of the back roads this morning.  I see the cop walking around and hear the pop of a gunshot.  When I finally drove past, the cop was standing over a dead deer.  I am guessing it got hit by a car but was still alive, so the cop put it out of its misery.  Well we've all had mornings where we felt like that before.

I had a similar experience a couple years ago. Cop car was stopped in the middle of an otherwise empty street. As I ran towards it, I saw a deer lying motionless in the road in front of it. As I ran past, the deer suddenly struggled to get up (unsuccessfully). Scared the living crap out of me, since I thought it was dead. After a while further down the road, I heard the pop.

8 miles this morning, no dead animals. As far as I could tell anyway, it was pretty dark.

Dave

LRB

If the sight of an injured animal was so traumatic to those guys, they should've just shot themselves. 

DavePNW

If the sight of an injured animal was so traumatic to those guys, they should've just shot themselves. 

I actually could've used one of those guys a month and a half ago, at about mile 23.

Dave

LRB

I actually could've used one of those guys a month and a half ago, at about mile 23.

Me too before that awful run Saturday. lol

LRB

Me too before that awful run Saturday. lol

Speaking of Saturday's run, I was shaking pebbles out of my shoes somewhere around mile 13 on the trail when I heard what initially sounded like a large tree falling through the brush and leaves, only the sound kept getting closer. Um yeah, I put that boot on with the quickness and got the hell outta there! lol

I would make a horrible actor in a scary movie 'cuz I'm not waiting around to have my head lopped off, FTS.

outoftheblue

Recovering from my first high mileage week of running in long time (courtesy of the game).  I need a bit of break, but I'm pleased with how well my legs held up.  Of course it helped that I ran very slowly.   My fingers are crossed that I may be a turning point here.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Too bad none of you are close enough to race my DDs local 5K.

I decided to RD it this year instead of race.

I wouldn't mind an FE as I hand out the custom trophies.  

(shameless plug)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Too bad none of you are close enough to race my DDs local 5K.

I decided to RD it this year instead of race.

I wouldn't mind an FE as I hand out the custom trophies.  

(shameless plug)

For one of those, an FE AND a few drinks......I'd have to sneak out of my house lol. Where do you live?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Recovering from my first high mileage week of running in long time (courtesy of the game).  I need a bit of break, but I'm pleased with how well my legs held up.  Of course it helped that I ran very slowly.   My fingers are crossed that I may be a turning point here.

That's great news!