Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and the Beast (Read 47 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Being in the DFW are, you have the greatest of reasons to visit, i.e. to cheer whatever team the Cowboys are playing that weekend. As long as you're there you might as well run a race.

We don't really watch sports lol, I run and that's it. I can't wait for Dorian to get interested in playing sports though, then I can go back to being a tomboy again Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Our rail trail is crushed limestone, but it's more like dirt.  I'll have crap in my shoes walking from the parking lot to the trail head. 

I ran on ours today. I find walking actually seems to be worse for kicking stuff up into my shoes. Today I had lots of little pieces of crunchy leaves in my socks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I ran on ours today. I find walking actually seems to be worse for kicking stuff up into my shoes. Today I had lots of little pieces of crunchy leaves in my socks.

Yup, same I find here too.

Running (especially at speed) will leave particles on your legs especially if it has been wet.  But walking will let those bits land right into the top of your sock.

workinprogress11

Recovering from my first high mileage week of running in long time (courtesy of the game).  I need a bit of break, but I'm pleased with how well my legs held up.  Of course it helped that I ran very slowly.   My fingers are crossed that I may be a turning point here.

My fingers are crossed for you too!

4 planned for after work.

Cyberic

Was stuck in a room at Microsoft Montreal from 11:00 to 4:00 non stop, except for the time I went to the washroom. I' m glad it's over.

Baboon

delicate flower

Track workout completed.  I got the work portion of the run done before I was squeezed off the track on account of a field hockey game about to start, so I had to circle around the high school to get my last cool down mile done.  Anyway, interval target was 6:45 pace:

10 minute warm up (8:01 pace)

3 x 5 minutes with 2 minute recoveries (6:42, 6:41, 6:41, 6:41, 6:34)

10 minute cool down (8:04 pace)

6 miles at 7:30 avg pace.

Good run!  That was more enjoyable doing it as a 6 mile run instead of an 11 mile MRT run.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't like this damn rain..........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After working 8 pm to 4 am last night I mostly crashed today and probably won't run unless I get motivated to go out in the dark...as Halloween nears...past a cemetery...after watching a horror movie...

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

workinprogress11

After working 8 pm to 4 am last night I mostly crashed today and probably won't run unless I get motivated to go out in the dark...as Halloween nears...past a cemetery...after watching a horror movie...

Make sure to hold your breath, though that could be a challenge while running.

4 rainy miles done.

Baboon

delicate flower

Was stuck in a room at Microsoft Montreal from 11:00 to 4:00 non stop, except for the time I went to the washroom. I' m glad it's over.

Free coffee?

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got one of the dog packs I ordered, though Rocky's will have to go back because the last strap isn't quite long enough for his belly area lol.

But Jetta's fits her really well.

PRs

Cyberic

Free coffee?

Free coffee, free pop, free stuff to eat... as long as you stay in the damn room and work.

Ran 7

MTA: With tonight's run I have a lifetime total of 10,100.0 kms exactly. I'm mentioning it for my ocd friends 

GinnyinPA

Social run this evening with our local Beer Runners group.  4.25 miles, followed by a Bells Two Hearted Ale and an Elysian Punkuccinno - espresso pumpkin stout.  Both were good.

happylily

10 miles, incl. 6x1000m @ 5k pace, 8:09 average pace overall. Then I had to struggle with a new running bra with the straps from hell. The f*****g thing would not pass over my shoulders (no front or back closure). I could not breathe anymore, I swore in two languages, I cried, I thought of my son who calls Lululemon a monster corporation which laughs at middle-aged women like myself. Then I went downstairs and asked my SO to pull the damned thing off of me. It was humiliating...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds painful, Lily.

I ran with hubby after Pilates.

Damaris