Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon (pics added page 2) (Read 115 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Great pics.  I need to figure out how to grab the proof photos like that...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Hip Redux

What a great report - you really did capture the "feel".  How the hell you remembered all those details, I dunno - I can barely remember what happened in a 5k!

You look fab in your photos, and the huge smile doesn't surprise me after reading your RR.  You nailed it.  Well done!

LRB

The Prtsc (print screen) button on your computer is one way.

happylily

You look ecstatic and so pretty in those pictures, Meaghan.  I could feel the joy throughout your whole report. You represent all that running marathons feels like to me. Thank you so much for making me remember all of this today. Smile What a riveting RR! I loved the musical references.Smile You certainly handled your training and your race like a real pro and it sure paid off on Sunday. I'm so proud of you and also so happy for you! Congratulations on achieving such an awesome goal!

I knew I had to leave the doubt behind; if I was going to make it I had to believe  in myself.  I knew it wasn't at all a sure thing-- asking for a 20-minute PR on a tough-ish course seemed a little foolish-- but I had to believe it was possible if I was going to get there.

I recognize those words and also that grateful smile in your picture at the finish. They both tell me that your feet will be gracing the Boston course in not too distant a future. Smile

You lived in Pierrefonds and Pointe-Claire? OMG, all my in-laws (the anglos Big grin) live in Pointe-Claire. I knew there was something special about you... I've always thought you were so smart and so poised and kind. Now I know why! Big grin No really, I'm very happy that we have this in common. But I envy you your move to New York City. I think it's my favorite place in the whole world. Your description of the crowds and streets made me long for a trip there soon. If I get accepted in the NYC marathon in 2014 (registration is next month), I would love to meet you there. How about it, yes? :-) Congratulations again! Now rest and savour the glory, you greatly deserve it!

EDIT: When I wrote that we have "this" in common, I meant that we are both from Quebec. Not that I am smart, poised and kind like you. 'Cause I'm not! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Great pics.  I need to figure out how to grab the proof photos like that...lol

Get the Windows 7 snipping tool. Best unauthorized photo grabber ever.Big grin

Just B.S.

Meaghan, your photos are awesome. Especially the happy one with the medal.Smile You are

fast and beautiful.

No more marathons

Meaghan,

Boston 2014 was, in my mind, going to be my last marathon.  Now your report has me itching to do New York.

So happy for you.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

workinprogress11

Those sure are some pretty splits. You executed the race beautifully. Congratulations on the sub 4!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Looking strong and happy in your photos!   Those look like keepers, you take a good race photo!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

TxDiverMom

Meaghan, your RR was just a joy to read!  I'm not around the forums a lot, but you have really encouraged me in the past and I'm so thrilled you had such a perfect race!  I truly felt like I was there with you through each borough as I was reading your report.  I've known for a while that I want to do a marathon some day and this truly inspires me.

Your pictures are just gorgeous!  I can totally understand the smiles and the pure happiness in your photos!  It feels so good for a plan to come together!!!  Congrats on an awesome race!!!

Melissa

outoftheblue

Congrats on a great race.  Those splits are just awesome.  Well done!!!!!

Life is good.

skygazer

"I am struck by how soon the whole thing will be over, and it surprises me how sad that makes me."

No doubt you're running strong to close the race. I can't imagine anyone say this with 7K to go in a marathon. And the 7K was actually executed with very good pacing, even with some hills.

Great job!

Meaghan, this is just a whole bunch of awesome.

Congrats on the sub 4, first and foremost.

Your report was excellent, with a "like being there" feel to it.  I loved the appropriate music quotes as well.

And you're no-longer-secretly Canadian?!  Haha, it makes perfect sense.

Great race, and cool pics too.

sheepla

Wow, what consistent pacing.  That's a goal i've been really working on (unsuccessfully, I might add).  Color me impressed.

paulski66

miscreant

Excellent race, great report. Congrats!

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...