Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

KCRuns

Where is everybody today?

4 miles run to work with 10x :25 strides.  They were good.  When I look at the splits on Garmin, they look good, but for some reason when I look at the splits on RA, they are all rounded up to the same pace.  Weird.

Cyberic

Right here. Was just too lazy to start the thread.

Ran about 10, with 3 x (800-600-400-200 /1min)  and about 4.5 minutes jog between sets, in the cold rain, before work. Blah. Got it done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Working for the last three hours.  First break since before the sun came out.

I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Been in the car since 8:00 last night. Almost home.  I'm tired.

<3

Cyberic

Been in the car since 8:00 last night. Almost home.  I'm tired.

Damn! That's a triple endurance feat! Driving there, the race itself, and driving back.

sdWhiskers

7.8 miles with 15 x 1 min hard/easy. Ran out of time to hit 8 miles even.

I synced my watch with my phone before I left home, then I get to work and realize it didn't actually sync. Which means I can't look at my workout data until I get home tonight

DavePNW

6 miles.

Dave

Yesterday was the weirdest day. Theres this paper guy who drives around my neighborhood really fast in the am and has come pretty close to hitting me. He got t-boned pulling out onto the main road as I was on my run. It was so loud it woke DW up and she was freaking out thinking I got whacked by a car or something. I get to work and later in the day my customer is cleaning her bathroom and gets bit by a spider and wants to get taken to the hospital. I don't think it was a venomous spider but her husband took her anyway. I finally get home and about 10minutes after I walk in the door I notice a loud ass helicopter that is like 100' over my house and just sitting there. My neighbor comes out who's husbands a cop in another town tells me theres an active shooter in the next neighborhood and to lock our doors and get inside. So of course Im standing the in living room holding a Kalashnikov for a about an hour until I'm pretty sure nothing is going go down. Cops got the guy peacefully. WTF right?

Ran 5M this am

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Jay, that's too much excitement for any morning. Especially the active shooter. Yikes!!! How are you recovering?

Whiskers, grr. Super annoying on both counts.

Baboon, I hope you sleep for the next day or two, and can take a break from any workouts for a little while.

Docket, your work schedule is cray.

KC, were your splits all kind of around the same pace? I've found RA rounds my numbers some.

For any of you following my marathon saga, I got a full refund from the AirBnb for them cancelling my reservation (which, I'm relieved about--I mean, it was the right thing for them to do but I was nervous they were going to try to keep the security deposit), I've confirmed that we don't have any booked flights to Cananda, and I just registered for the Indy Monumental Marathon. Feeling nervous and excited for some reason (even though I've been training this whole time for a marathon the same weekend) .

I also ran 6 in the drizzle. We went from excessive heat advisories (95*, 90% humidity) to like 40/50 for a high and sooooo much rain. So weird. Where did fall go?

ROS- I’m glad you got the refund. Racing is stressful enough without all that aggravation. I seem to be recovering well after the last injury. Still not convinced it was a shin split but oh well it feels ok now. I’m definitely back to pre-injury or better shape but it is taking my body a little while to acclimate to the higher mileage again and doing workouts. Keeping easy days very easy right now. Thanks for asking ROS 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

KCRuns

KC, were your splits all kind of around the same pace? I've found RA rounds my numbers some.

Paces were 9:06, 7:58, 8:31, 9:14, 7:52, 8:11, 7:55, 8:01, 7:43, 7:51, but RA rounded all of them to 8:20.

sdWhiskers

Paces were 9:06, 7:58, 8:31, 9:14, 7:52, 8:11, 7:55, 8:01, 7:43, 7:51, but RA rounded all of them to 8:20.

I've had the same thing happen before, usually for short intervals like 1 min on/off

zzyzx

Did a little treadmill speed work (well at least faster than I had been running so even these times kind of count as speed work, right? Wink today since it was messed up. 10 minutes 1.2 miles, followed by a bathroom emergency and then I did it again. Then I did 10 minutes on the bike.

KCRuns

I've had the same thing happen before, usually for short intervals like 1 min on/off

That could be it, these were 25 second strides.

Cyberic

Yesterday was the weirdest day. Theres this paper guy who drives around my neighborhood really fast in the am and has come pretty close to hitting me. He got t-boned pulling out onto the main road as I was on my run. It was so loud it woke DW up and she was freaking out thinking I got whacked by a car or something. I get to work and later in the day my customer is cleaning her bathroom and gets bit by a spider and wants to get taken to the hospital. I don't think it was a venomous spider but her husband took her anyway. I finally get home and about 10minutes after I walk in the door I notice a loud ass helicopter that is like 100' over my house and just sitting there. My neighbor comes out who's husbands a cop in another town tells me theres an active shooter in the next neighborhood and to lock our doors and get inside. So of course Im standing the in living room holding a Kalashnikov for a about an hour until I'm pretty sure nothing is going go down. Cops got the guy peacefully. WTF right?

Ran 5M this am

Quite a day, indeed!