Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES: Where the Rubber Meets the...TM (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I sleep on average 4-5 hours a day, but most of the time I sleep 1 hour, wake up, 1 hour, wake up.  Grrr.

I have an excuse, or one that I can't really control. Tried to go to bed at like 10 last night but was wide awake and couldn't fall asleep til almost midnight.  That is when Dorian woke up fussy with leg pains for 15-20 minutes

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I'm just glad to hear there appear to be worse sleepers than me.

Dave

LRB

I'm just glad to hear there appear to be worse sleepers than me.

It's really more common than one would be led to believe. No different than having a short attention span, which is technically classified as a mental disorder.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 recovery run.  Quincy wanted to go and I wasn't so sure.  Well Hammy did .05 and stopped so they did get the day off.  Quincy was mightily disappointed.  He will have to get over it

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

One thing I learned during my last marathon cycle is that I always felt better when I got a little more sleep.  So, I've been trying to squeeze in an extra half hour here, an hour there, whenever I can.  A few extra hours of sleep a week seems to make a big difference for me.  Last night I was especially sleepy, so I hit the sack at 8:30.    

<3

LRB

One thing I learned during my last marathon cycle is that I always felt better when I got a little more sleep.  So, I've been trying to squeeze in an extra half hour here, an hour there, whenever I can.  A few extra hours of sleep a week seems to make a big difference for me.  Last night I was especially sleepy, so I hit the sack at 8:30.    

The thing for me is once sleep, I will not stay sleep no matter when I actually crash. That could be 8:30 (which happens often) or midnight, which happens on occasion as well.

The about it though is I have learned to live with it so it's not really a complaint anymore, just a fact.

Truth be told I bring as much energy and sharpness to the table as any of my colleagues so I do not view it as a detriment anymore. It simply is what it is.

As aside, alcohol, sleep aids (both natural and pharmaceutical) or any other remedies I have tried have a similar effect on me; nothing. lol

Hi dailies:

Basya, Rick, DaveP - yup, TM is the order of the day

Marjorie - so early

Cy - don't freeze anything out there

Free - nice workout

Little Blue - good luck

Dan/Tex - getting back to it, good

Baboon - 30?  Shorts weather?

Scotty - drink wine day, eh?  That could be a plan later.

D - enjoy the 6

I have felt a lot less angst about the weather this year than last, for some reason... but it would be nice to get a few sunny days in the 30s.  I think I've run outside less than 5 times since Christmas.  There's a 5K on Sunday, so that's something to look forward to, even if it's just a cold dash en route to eating some chili.

B-Plus

6 done. Really glad to see the sun staring to come out during morning run time. That was a great way to start my day with the pink sky glistening on to the water.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I would love to get a few extra hours of sleep a week. Now the problem is a show DW and I found on Netflix. It's called "The Following" and the end of each episode makes us say "I think there is time for one more."

12 miles later today, easy pace. My ankle think is persisting so I might have to take some time off. So far I can run through it but I feel it every step of the way. Actually, it is not on the ankle, it's in the tendons or ligaments (not sure what's in there) directly above the ankle. I've been icing, running more on the track, and nothing seems to help. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt, but it's definitely there.  I just hope it's not a stress fracture or even the beginnings of one.  Damn.

See ya.

From the Internet.

Raked a bunch of snow off the roof last night and this morning, and tossed some socks filled with ice melt over the ice dam to melt channels for water to escape. Supposed to be near 30 and maybe even sunny today, so I'm hoping the stuff that melts will run off through the channels I made instead of into my house! The kid has February vacation this week so she's home with a sitter, feeling a little bit better about the fact that the leaks happened this week since there's going to be someone at home 24/7 until next Monday to keep an eye on them.

Heading to the TM in a few minutes, still undecided as to whether I'll do my MLR with some tempo miles or just an easy 3-4. My work schedule says do the MLR today but my legs say easy... maybe I'll do 8 easy and throw a little bit of faster stuff into a shorter run tomorrow instead.

From the Internet.

I would love to get a few extra hours of sleep a week. Now the problem is a show DW and I found on Netflix. It's called "The Following" and the end of each episode makes us say "I think there is time for one more."

12 miles later today, easy pace. My ankle think is persisting so I might have to take some time off. So far I can run through it but I feel it every step of the way. Actually, it is not on the ankle, it's in the tendons or ligaments (not sure what's in there) directly above the ankle. I've been icing, running more on the track, and nothing seems to help. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt, but it's definitely there.  Damn.

See ya.

I had a weird ankle tendon thing last year, taping it with KT tape actually helped. I put one long strip starting from the arch then running up along the tibia, then cut another strip in half and used those two pieces to make an X over the spot where the tendon was bothering me. It was a small enough area that the tape giving it some extra support let me run through it without any issues.

Zelanie

Hey guys, just checking in from Colorado. Smile I am here for work and getting miles in is going to be tough, but I'll do my best.

, and tossed some socks filled with ice melt over the ice dam to melt channels for water to escape. Supposed to be near 30 and maybe even sunny today, so I'm hoping the stuff that melts will run off through the channels I made instead of into my house!

Cool idea!

From the Internet.

Cool idea!

Alas, I can't take credit for it - the Internet inspired me to try it. Next on the list of crazy Internet things to try will be attaching a garden hose to the washing machine's hot water hookup and blasting the ice off the roof that way!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1

Are you me? 

I think we are twins.

Damaris