Beginners and Beyond

Monday! Monday! Monday! DAILIES (Read 47 times)

flarunner

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning flat. Was just going to start These. Wondered where everyone was since it was almost 630!

Marjorie

flarunner

Mornin' Peeplets!

Did 8 miles this morning in wonderful Florida weather!

Have a great day kiddos!

flarunner

Morning flat. Was just going to start These. Wondered where everyone was since it was almost 630!

They're probably getting up and getting their coffee. Wink

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Must be.

I decided to run. Good thing I have a back up Garmin. My 210 didn't charge so I will wear the 110 today. Must look at the charger and see if it is messed up. It did that before. It is clipped and says it is charge but and even showed as all charged this am. But when took it off it had very little charge. I will play with it later.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, fla & Marjorie!

I was out running - 5.5 miles in cool Wisconsin weather - I actually wore long sleeves because it was only about 45* out.

Marjorie - Do you like the 210? UPS is supposed to be delivering one to me later today. I'm looking forward to something slightly less clunky than the 205 I've used the last 5 years.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

HELLOOOOOOOOO MONDAY!  HOORAY!  Boy, this is a Monday morning if there ever was one.  It's raining, I'm tired, and my coffee does not seem to be working.  75 miles on the bike yesterday has left my body feeling like "What the hell happened?"  And it is awesome.  Am I the only one that loves that post-weekend, Monday morning tired and groggy feeling from playing hard for two days?  I went to bed at 7:45 last night.  Nearly 10 hours of sleep apparently wasn't enough.  8 mile run planned after work.  Smile

12 year wedding anniversary today, which means DINNER DATE!

Have a great Monday, runners!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Started the morning with an easy run.  Off to the asthma doctor for my 6 month checkup.  Wish me luck!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Step I do like it. But know how to o he resets. It as some stability issues. I've had the screen blank a few times and it can be hard to get it to turn back on so had to reset over and over and over and it finally comes back on

run failed. My left hip was really hurting. And it wouldn't stop so I had to bag the run. It is Hamstring origin so I can treat it. Not the best time for this to show uo. Been years since I have had to deal with it to the extent it hurts to run and I look ridiculous trying to get it to loosen up.    I'm not amused.

Marjorie

flarunner

HELLOOOOOOOOO MONDAY!  HOORAY!  Boy, this is a Monday morning if there ever was one.  It's raining, I'm tired, and my coffee does not seem to be working.  75 miles on the bike yesterday has left my body feeling like "What the hell happened?"  And it is awesome.  Am I the only one that loves that post-weekend, Monday morning tired and groggy feeling from playing hard for two days?  I went to bed at 7:45 last night.  Nearly 10 hours of sleep apparently wasn't enough.  8 mile run planned after work.  Smile

12 year wedding anniversary today, which means DINNER DATE!

Have a great Monday, runners!

Happy Anniversary!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Anniversary, baboon.

Hope your hamstring feels better, marjorie.

Damaris

Morning all!

Fla, thanks for starting us off with an early run as usual.

Marj, bad timing for you on the Garmin issues, and the hip pain. Hopefully both will be resolved before Saturday. I am doing the same thing you are this weekend, and all kinds of issues are suddenly cropping up.

Step, same chilly weather just showed up here, perfect for running!  Nice break from the recent humidity, could've used it yestersay AM.

FYI, I have the 210 & I am very happy with the functionality, a good balance between having enough features to be useful but not so many to be too complicated. The only thing I can't stand is the clip connector for charging/loading data, it is extremely finicky.

Baboon, 8 mile run? Outside? On only 10 hrs sleep? Whoa, better get a nap in before that. Happy anniversary!

Docket, good luck on the checkup, I' m keeping my lungs crossed for you!

Got my AM yoga in before work today, felt good. The instructor also announced they are starting a Friday AM class, which is good for me because Mon & Fri are my usual days off running. But now less excuse to make Fri a pure RD, instead will be a crosstrain day.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Man I got so high yesterday that I saw a flock of Angels playing dodge ball!

Gawd I love wine!  8- )

Saw Fast & Furious 6, nice flick.  The Rock never exhaled the entire movie lol!

No running for me today, and let me tell ya, the way my head feels I am not complaining about that!

StepbyStep-SH

Marjorie - I hope the hamstring clears up quickly. I always seem to have strange little injuries crop up during taper.

Dave - Enjoy the cooler weather. I won't complain from a running standpoint, but garden, crops and kids who want to hit the pool might disagree.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  Had a hard time yesterday finding an open gym!  Got up in the morning, went to Fort Sam Houston to run and then do weights afterwards.  The Sequestering budget has finally got up to the military gyms.  They are now closed on Sunday due to budget restraints.  The only one in my area now open on Sunday is at Lackland  Air Force Base.  So it was out to Lackland I drove.  Got in a nice 4.8 mile run at 9 a.m., followed by some strength training. It rained on me pretty good, too, while I was running - just what San Antonio needs right now, more rain! Roll eyes - but it was actually quite refreshing, as the temp was already 74 degrees and the humidity was near 100%, gaaack!

Way to go on the 8, flarunner.

Wow, long sleeves in June.  That is about unheard of in Texas, lol.  Congrats on your morning miles, Step.

Wow, 75 miles on the bike, way to go, Phil!  You're way too happy for a monday morning...but you're allowed since it's your anniversary!  Joking  Happy anniversary to you and yours!   Good luck with your miles later.

Marjorie, sorry about the hip problems, hope you can resolve those quickly.

Congrats on the yoga this morning, DaveP.  I should probably try that..I am SO inflexible...my body parts, that is.

Hope your head feels better, LRB.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt