Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The bar is high (Read 43 times)

outoftheblue

Great news Shari!

It's been 10 days since my last run.  Whether its the rest, or the massage therapy, or a combination of both, my hamstrings feel almost normal.  But just almost. I've found that all the hilly walking around my farm, plus crouching in the garden,  tends to still irritate it, so I'm waiting until I can do my farm chores pain-free before I introduce running back.   I think I'm very close to being there, however.

In the meantime, I'm harvesting strawberries like crazy.  I've already made a few pints of dessert sauce, and today it's going to be strawberry jam.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Great news Shari!

It's been 10 days since my last run.  Whether its the rest, or the massage therapy, or a combination of both, my hamstrings feel almost normal.  But just almost. I've found that all the hilly walking around my farm, plus crouching in the garden,  tends to still irritate it, so I'm waiting until I can do my farm chores pain-free before I introduce running back.   I think I'm very close to being there, however.

In the meantime, I'm harvesting strawberries like crazy.  I've already made a few pints of dessert sauce, and today it's going to be strawberry jam.

You need my address, right? So you can send me some? Smile Glad your hamstrings are returning to normal!

LRB - Great news! The Alter-G tutu wasn't really your look, anyway.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is one (of many) reason I love not being in Puerto Rico anymore.  This happens every Summer, straight from the Sahara.  I wonder how I survived growing up there, being allergic to dust and all.

Damaris

B-Plus

Will not run today. My decision.

outoftheblue

I ran 7, which was my first run outside in exactly 21 days. It was 38 degrees with full sun and felt wonderful.

My leg didn't fall off but I will refrain from celebrating as the day is still young. lol

Awesome!

Life is good.

LRB

LRB - Great news! The Alter-G tutu wasn't really your look, anyway.

It's been a spring of bizarre running attire that's for sure. lol

Great news on the intervals! We all have to start somewhere on the road back.

LRB

Great news Shari!

I tried strawberries one year but they did not come out too well. I think they needed a year or two of growth though.

Good news on the hammies!

onemile

I ran 7, which was my first run outside in exactly 21 days. It was 38 degrees with full sun and felt wonderful.

My leg didn't fall off but I will refrain from celebrating as the day is still young. lol

Nice.

onemile

Will not run today. My decision.

Hi dailies.

Step, Rick - good news!

Riding on a bus to a meeting at the Southern Tier brewery Smile

Cyberic

Very cool.

GinnyinPA

Lots of good news from the injured.  LRB, Step, OOTB - I hope the pain free condition continues.

Another rest day, but I'm starting to feel closer to normal.  I made it up and down the stairs for the first time today.  Still walking as if I have leg braces on, but it's not painful.

LRB

Riding on a bus to a meeting at the Southern Tier brewery Smile

Tell your friend to take it easy, he has a race Saturday. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tell your friend to take it easy, he has a race Saturday. 

Pffft, that's a whole three days away!  You have no Puerto Rican in you!

Damaris

LRB

Pffft, that's a whole three days away!  You have no Puerto Rican in you!

No, but I once drank 12 shots of tequila and fell face first into an open car door and split my lip.