Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Presents: Headlines Second Edition (Read 45 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jess, I had my first music free run today too!

I started out with music....put my ipod in a little baggie and all.... but a few minutes into the run one headphone slipped out and since it/my ear got wet it wouldn't stay back in, and it hanging down made the other one fall out. And then that one got wet..... so I gave up.

I ended up singing songs in my head. lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Or no posts at all ZZZZZ's, and we cannot have that!

Yeah lol   The tramadol makes me a little high, but not nearly as much as the vicodin.  That shit makes me high as a kite and I totally see how people get addicted.  But add wine and it's gonzo time (not that I've tried!).

Thanks, Scotty, I've been on that page before!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Because Hershey meowed half the night away.  You didn't even read my first post of the day (or did I not mention it?)

Or no posts at all ZZZZZ's, and we cannot have that!

Speaking of ZZZZZ's, D, why are you so sleepy?  And why is everyone ignoring the fact that you are so sleepy lol

Killer workout SIAR!

D2, listen to the bear head (AKA Boo Boo), she is very astute when it comes to doling out advice on the mile.  I owe a bit of my mile PR to her, no shit!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, just got a successor trustee appointed (crazy creditor I mentioned will probably file a bar complaint against me for doing my job).  The judge signed the order in 2 minutes, LOL.

And the appeal I won earlier this month was published into Westlaw.  Yay me!

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats!

So, just got a successor trustee appointed (crazy creditor I mentioned will probably file a bar complaint against me for doing my job).  The judge signed the order in 2 minutes, LOL.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My 210 is acting up.  I blame DH as I was having problems getting it to charge in the clip.  Got it situated and it was charging and he unplugged it.  Now it has been acting weird.  It will charge but when I take it off the clip it doesn't have the time on it.  Just dashes.  Then it will finally have the time but none of the buttons work until I turn it off and back on.  I've done hard reset but that didn't fix it so just did a master re set and it is sitting outside all by itself enjoying the sun and playing with the satellite while I'm inside in the air conditioning.  Garmin says it needs to be out for about 20 min so I guess I need to go rescue it soon.  Since it is 100 without the heat index I'm not out there with it!  I hope this fixes it.

Marjorie

Phil, terrific morning ten-miler.

Nicole, have a great day, whatever it brings.

kristin10185, I'm glad that you had such a pleasant rainy run.

Burrrrn, nice nine.

Rick, bravo on the mileage and a tonight track workout.

Shari, sweet 6.66. The scenery must have been gorgeous.

scottydawg, bravo on the early 3.3.

Marjorie, excellent 10.5. Have fun with Pilates. I hope that your 210 works now.

lilac_jive, great to see you! Your three-miler sounds lovely.

jjs22, have a delicious adventure.

Ric-G, excellent intervals.

Zelanie, good luck with your project. Ha a great six-miler later.

Dave, sweet soupy seven.

(((Oski)))

SIAR, I'm looking forward to reading about how the double dose of quality goes. Well, I hope.

Congratulations on being published, Damaris!

I'm on my way to Winmill Fabric to pick up some lining material for the skirts on which I'll start working next week. I hope to find some tracing paper that works better than the stuff I used to trace the pattern for the muslin (test garment) of my first blouse. I was less than impressed.

meaghansketch

Hi Dailies!  I can never post consistently so I hope no one minds me popping in and out...

8.5 miles today, including 3x1000m at 5K pace.  Felt good, hitting my splits.

Work is easy this week which is good but at home I'm dealing with the aftermath of a fire in my apartment building... Grateful that everyone is OK but man, is it going to be a pain to clean up.  The management company's not even going to do anything for a couple more days (they say they want to wait until it dries out, but they are doing nothing to prevent mold or anything).

Zelanie

Scotty- We start the day after labor day here, too.  But teachers have to be back on 8/26.  And of course the number of "meetings" and "trainings" that seem to be scheduled before then keeps increasing.  I've got 4 and a half days of meetings still coming up *before* the 26th. Shocked

Good luck with your school project, Zelanie, and your miles later.  When does school start for you?  Some of the local kids started back to their schools today.   Seems early to me, but guess I'm old-fashioned.  When I grew up, school always started after Labor Day.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Tuesday, Dailies!

LRB, love the headlines. 17 remain dead in Morgue Shooting Spree. Smile

4 hot, sweaty miles today. It got a little warmer than I had anticipated, plus I've been doing my runs at 05:00 lately, but did today's run at 16:00 hrs (4 PM for you peasants, you know who you are). Smile 87 and very humid. Not horrible, but it sure knocks a few seconds off your pace when it's that hot out!

Oh well, I wanted to get it in today because I start work early tomorrow and won't get an early run in until Thursday morning.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Ahhh, the second tramadol actually is working.... better living through chemistry FTW.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty- We start the day after labor day here, too.  But teachers have to be back on 8/26.  And of course the number of "meetings" and "trainings" that seem to be scheduled before then keeps increasing.  I've got 4 and a half days of meetings still coming up *before* the 26th. Shocked

I start the day after Labor Day.... but then we have off 5th and 6th for Jewish Holidays so it will be a 2 day work week.....kids go back Sept 9th

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Ahhh, the second tramadol actually is working.... better living through chemistry FTW.

True that - to a point anyway... Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Hi Dailies!  I can never post consistently so I hope no one minds me popping in and out...

Nope, you are good!  It's an open thread to all.

D, you did not post it...we are both ADD though so I had to go back and check lol

Good news O!

MA, if the heat don't melt it away it should be fine!

I just drank a brewski, damn that shit was good!

Ric-G

nice indeed!

marathon pr - 3:16