Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 44 times)

Big grinWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Joking

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Good morning, everyone. I hope that you have a great day.

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights, push-ups, and ab work. I want to return to bed...

LRB

Wsasup peeps!

It is a no running Monday for me but I do have a one hour massage scheduled after work.  The masseuse will be surprised to see me for sure as it has been three months to the day since my first and last visit.

That she tried to pull the fuckin' muscles of my bones has not been lost on me, but ultimately, I believe the benefits outweigh the pain so a set I shall grow and go take it like the Boss that I am.

Daz wassup!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 tonight.

Headache, bleh.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me.   Weight training circuit planned after work.

Today is August 12.  Holidays are National Vinyl Record Day (how many remember those?), International Elephant Day and Middle Child's Day.  Food holiday is Julienne Fries Day. 

elephant cartoons, elephant cartoon, elephant picture, elephant pictures, elephant image, elephant images, elephant illustration, elephant illustrations

elephant cartoons, elephant cartoon, elephant picture, elephant pictures, elephant image, elephant images, elephant illustration, elephant illustrations

french fries cartoons, french fries cartoon, french fries picture, french fries pictures, french fries image, french fries images, french fries illustration, french fries illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Vacation Day Four!!  Today will be a little more mellow.  Shopping and eating planned.

Yesterday after we ran, we went sailing then had local fish for dinner.  I slept hard last night.

<3

Enjoy the massage, Rick.

Damaris, have a pleasant six-miler. I hope that your headache is gone soon.

scottydawg, have fun circuit training.

DaveP MI, sweet 6.24.

Phil, I hope that you and MBC keep having fun.

Weights and push-ups are done. I have to wait until tonight to do ab work. There was no available floor matSad

Hip Redux

Woke up with both neck and back pain.    So I guess a rest day for me.

Basya - whatcha gonna make with the fabric you bought last night?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Five easy this morning, now for lots of coffee.

Moved my son into his room this weekend, his crib and changing table have been in our room for so long I forgot what it looked like without them lol. I am going to miss him being in our room though Cry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great.  I forgot my asthma meds before coming to work. By 11am, I predict lots of coughing.

on top of that, we cannot log into the computers at the office. Very productice day.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies.  4.6  mile run done earlier this morning.

I've been spending most of my running time on a TM lately.  I ran a 5K Saturday that made me realize the importance of toughing it out in the heat and humidity.  No more TM for me for a while!

Have a great day...

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So as I mentioned last night, here are the pics from my run yesterday afternoon. I ran over the Brooklyn Bridge from Brooklyn into Manhattan, past City Hall, down to the East River and along it for a little less than a mile, through Chinatown to the Manhattan Bridge, over the Manhattan Bridge back to Brooklyn, and then a few miles in Brooklyn Bridge Park, a gorgeous Waterfront park extending from the Manhattan Bridge, under the Brooklyn Bridge, and then down south about another mile.

Ok I decided to be a tourist and ask other tourists to take my pic before starting my run:

Ok so I saw this in Chinatown and it made me laugh..... the old BJs were just too damn expensive!

And finally, I ended at the Brooklyn Bridge Wine Bar, this nice little outdoor bar that also serves food and recovered with a glass of Merlot, a pitcher of water and a grilled cheese:

It was a FANTASTIC 9 miles!!!!!

As for this morning.....When I was running in Brooklyn Bridge Park yesterday I saw a sign that they do free yoga in the park at 7:30 on Mondays in the summer. That sounded like fun, so I decided to take advantage of my day off work and instead of sleeping in (I did that Saturday and Su.day anyway), got my butt up at 6:00am, got on yoga clothes, drove to Brooklyn Bridge Park in traffic, found a parking spot, grabbed my mat, got out of my car and IT STARTED POUUUURRRING!!!! That was NOT IN THE FORECAST!!!! So what did I get for my early adventure to Brooklyn Bridge Park on my first official day of summer break? .....to drive back home in traffic. Awesome. And as soon as I got home? The sun came out. So I am having coffee, and then I am going to head to my gym at 9:00 to try a class I've never taken before, because all the classes in my gym are offered only when I am usually at work. It is a cardio/strength class. We shall see how it goes.....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

this is why I always say TM running is not the same as outside running.

Good morning Dailies.  4.6  mile run done earlier this morning.

I've been spending most of my running time on a TM lately.  I ran a 5K Saturday that made me realize the importance of toughing it out in the heat and humidity.  No more TM for me for a while!

Have a great day...

Damaris

Oski, ouch. Feel well soon. (I'll make five skirts, four tops, and a dress.)

FreeSoul87, fantastic five. Enjoy that well-earned coffee.

Damaris, yikes, not a good start to a Monday. I hope that trouble is minimal, preferably non-existent.

Robert, bravo on the 4.6.

kristin10185, great pics. Enjoy the class.