Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Zelanie

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN.

She might have to run a marathon. 

LRB

She might have to run a marathon. 

You know the saying that you wouldn't wish a particular thing on your worst enemy? Well, if I were to wish something on my worst enemy, it would be a marathon. lol

onemile

You know the saying that you wouldn't wish a particular thing on your worst enemy? Well, if I were to wish something on my worst enemy, it would be a marathon. lol

+1

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day.  Making sure DH does not fall off a ladder.

I live on a corner on a hill. There is a stop sign at the bottom, but it's just a suggestion. I just watched a lady walk on the sidewalk to my house, then walked in the middle of the road, with sidewalks on both sides, only to get back on the sidewalk after the corner. She had on all black, nothing reflective.

No more marathons

That is what I notice, in my case. I used to be as sick as the next guy, no more, no less. Now I'm way less sick than average, and it doesn't last as long. I have a good comparison group in my family. We get the same viruses and I'm much less sick than the others.

I noticed as I was entering all the 1983, 84, and 85 log books into RA of how often my entry for the day was Sick, DNR.  I probably had 5 or 6 three day stretches each year.   My weight was at it's lowest then, wonder if that decreased my resistance to colds.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Double run today - my normal lunch time 4 or so miles.

Then an after work run to run the 5K course for this weekend.

This is going to be an interesting race - it's an out and back with mile 1 losing about 120 feet and mile 3 getting that back.

I think I'm going to plan on banking some time in the first two miles.

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Again, now I know why everyone said, sure, do a marathon next month. 

No more marathons

Howdy Dailies!

Lost my mojo.  I think it's post race mojo loss, so fairly normal.  I'm working my mind up to a full marathon.  I contacted Team in Training to see if I could get coaching in my area or on-line.  Does anyone have any experience with Team in Training and the fundraising that goes with it?

I don't, but a fellow employee at the foundation I work for used to work at LLS and did the team in training while there.

She's not a runner but managed to run the San Francisco marathon several years ago in 5 hours or so.

We toyed with the whole "fundraise and run a marathon" idea a few years back (had an on-line coach and training plans) but it wasn't too successful.  It's still something we keep bringing up, but it's tough to break into that field.

There's another org that's put on some local races that also has marathon teams for NYC, MCM, Big Sur, and Chicago.  Called Inheritance of Hope.

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You know how when you're really hungry but out on the road, and you stop somewhere and get something you just know you're gonna regret.....?

I did, Arby's medium roast beef and 4 mozzarella sticks....I could only eat half the sandwich before being disgusted , but I finished all 4 sticks 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

So I'm considering signing up for the New Orleans marathon which is on February 5. I haven't done a marathon in three years. If I do sign up I will need to start training right this second. It won't be a race it will be a slow jog but I kind of want to do it.

DOO EET!!

Marathons are fun!

Dave

LRB

Howdy Dailies!

Lost my mojo.  I think it's post race mojo loss, so fairly normal.  I'm working my mind up to a full marathon.  I contacted Team in Training to see if I could get coaching in my area or on-line.  Does anyone have any experience with Team in Training and the fundraising that goes with it?

I could be wrong, but I believe you are responsible for the amount you pledge regardless of if you raise it or not. I seem to remember someone having to come out of pocket to cover the rest of their pledge, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k.

I personally have never raised funds to run a marathon but know a few people who have. You're basically asking people for money so it's a 50 - 50 proposition.

LRB

I live on a corner on a hill. There is a stop sign at the bottom, but it's just a suggestion.

That is funnier than shit!

LRB

Double run today - my normal lunch time 4 or so miles.

Then an after work run to run the 5K course for this weekend.

This is going to be an interesting race - it's an out and back with mile 1 losing about 120 feet and mile 3 getting that back.

I think I'm going to plan on banking some time in the first two miles.

The RD must be heavy into sadism.

You could always hit the lap button at the base of the hill to see what you were on pace to run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't.  With my luck, they will finish not only faster than me, but doing well.

Damaris

No more marathons

The RD must be heavy into sadism.

You could always hit the lap button at the base of the hill to see what you were on pace to run.

What's worse is that there is also a 10K - it simply runs the 5K course twice.  Not no but hell no.

He's a leaker!