Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Together, we can get through this (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, D2.

Damaris

cjones1

Rest day #2.  I feel pretty good.  Not like I raced a HM, because in all reality, I didn't.  Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Mmmmm...beer

Yeah, it sounds weird saying it, but I guess that's a good sign when a 3+ hour run is enjoyable.  I ran from my house to downtown, then hopped on the Swamp Rabbit Trail and ran up to Furman University, went around the lake there and then back home.  Weather was great, good scenery, didn't get hit by a car. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Learned a very important lesson as well, don't block your field of vision when trail runnng, I had my hat down low and caught a tree right in the mouth!  It's better now, but I had a big fat lip for the rest of the day. lol

Ouch.

Being very tall, I never wear a baseball hat. My brain does not process what it does not see, until I hit it : low branches, low door frames, etc.

Mmmmm...beer

Ouch.

Being very tall, I never wear a baseball hat. My brain does not process what it does not see, until I hit it : low branches, low door frames, etc.

No doubt.  It's not a problem on the road, or on the more open trails that I usually run, but the trails are a lot tighter at this park.  I'll have to figure out something else for when I run there, maybe a headband (I wear headsweats hats to keep the sweat out of my eyes).

-Dave

My running blog

StepbyStep-SH

D2 - That's part of why I won't let my DS wear his actual Halloween costume, which has a full-head helmet and only slits for seeing through, when we run a trail 5k Saturday morning.

I skipped the group run this morning in favor of more sleep. I will either walk or run over lunch, depending on motivation, and have a martial arts class tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

SRD.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good morning everyone!!

Had a great weekend, awesometrail run on Saturday, preview for the relay I'm running next month, and then a nice 24 miler on Sunday.  Over 6,000ft total elevation for Saturday's run, several sections that weren't even runnable, had to power hike them, good stuff.  Learned a very important lesson as well, don't block your field of vision when trail runnng, I had my hat down low and caught a tree right in the mouth!  It's better now, but I had a big fat lip for the rest of the day. lol

Trail profile:

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

I'm getting a sense of deja vu. LOL or should I say RWOL?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

I'm getting a sense of deja vu. LOL or should I say RWOL?

We need a 12 step program for runners, "Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm on 27 different running forums". 

-Dave

My running blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wanted to go to the gym this morning but Dorian had other plans by waking up at 4:30 and keeping me up since.

So far I was able to do 5 sets of 100 bicycle crunches

4 sets of 12 Triceps overhead Kickbacks

4 sets of 12 bent over rear delts

4 sets of 12 Finishers (shoulders workout)

4 sets of 12 donkey kicks

4 sets of 12 fire hydrants

I might take Dorian for a run tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone!!

Had a great weekend, awesometrail run on Saturday, preview for the relay I'm running next month, and then a nice 24 miler on Sunday.  Over 6,000ft total elevation for Saturday's run, several sections that weren't even runnable, had to power hike them, good stuff.  Learned a very important lesson as well, don't block your field of vision when trail runnng, I had my hat down low and caught a tree right in the mouth!  It's better now, but I had a big fat lip for the rest of the day. lol

Trail profile:

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Jealous.... not so much the elevation, just the mileage 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, it sounds weird saying it, but I guess that's a good sign when a 3+ hour run is enjoyable.  I ran from my house to downtown, then hopped on the Swamp Rabbit Trail and ran up to Furman University, went around the lake there and then back home.  Weather was great, good scenery, didn't get hit by a car. lol

But apparently you still got hit by a non moving object.... 

PRs

Mmmmm...beer

Jealous.... not so much the elevation, just the mileage 

The b2b weekends have been treating me pretty well, hopefully they're setting me up for a great 50k in Dec.

But apparently you still got hit by a non moving object.... 

Excellent point, but I'll take getting hit by a tree over a car any day!

Oh, forgot to mention, on one of the big descents, that section is also used by mountain bikers, and the trail is switchbacked with banked curves.  That was so much fun!  It's really nice to be able to carry your speed through the turn.

-Dave

My running blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The b2b weekends have been treating me pretty well, hopefully they're setting me up for a great 50k in Dec.

Excellent point, but I'll take getting hit by a tree over a car any day!

Oh, forgot to mention, on one of the big descents, that section is also used by mountain bikers, and the trail is switchbacked with banked curves.  That was so much fun!  It's really nice to be able to carry your speed through the turn.

Now I am really jealous  Where do you live again?

I hit a non-moving truck once, while I was rollerblading with my dog Molly back in my teens. She'd pull me so fast, I think we'd hit 15-20 mph at some points, but this time we turn a pretty tight turn at a fast speed and I had to let go of her leash and I hit the grill of this old Chevy truck.... had a huge ass bruise on my right quad for weeks....

PRs

workinprogress11

Good morning!

6 on the schedule for sometime this afternoon. It's a beautiful day here.