Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Together, we can get through this (Read 45 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Six miles this evening with Dorian, just before mile 3 I realized the little fart fell asleep. At mile 3 I stopped and checked, this is what I saw.

What a tough life lol 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Is it really that bad though?    lol

When you started swimming laps consecutively you had me beat. I could never swim more than a lap at a time without resting, so you're the man between the two of us!

LRB

Six miles this evening with Dorian, just before mile 3 I realized the little fart fell asleep. At mile 3 I stopped and checked, this is what I saw.

What a tough life lol 

Geezus, he has gotten so big since the old BF! He looks like a little man FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He looks like he shouldn't be in the stroller, he looks so big.

Damaris

DavePNW

When you started swimming laps consecutively you had me beat. I could never swim more than a lap at a time without resting, so you're the man between the two of us!

You got through a whole lap? You beat me!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just saw this in FB and I cannot stop laughing.

Damaris

LRB

You got through a whole lap? You beat me!

It was work! Talk about beating up the water, it sounded like Mike Tyson on a punching bag when my ass came swimming down the lane. lol

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Correct...pace per 100 yards.  That's how swim pace is measured for triathlon.

ETA my 2:46 pace is probably the running equivalent of an 11:00 mile.

Ahh okay - my swim pace equivalent is probably about 7:00 mile running Smile  Too bad the swim is such a tiny part of a triathlon. Are you just swimming on your own?  It might benefit you to join a masters swim team in your area.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

DavePNW

It was work! Talk about beating up the water, it sounded like Mike Tyson on a punching bag when my ass came swimming down the lane. lol

For me it is not so much swimming as flailing. I have to warn the lifeguard in advance, so he doesn't try to jump in & save me from what looks like drowning.

Dave

LRB

Ahh okay - my swim pace equivalent is probably about 7:00 mile running Smile 

Impressive! I could swim pretty quick but it was mostly me trying to keep from sinking, which was why I could never swim for laps.

I had zero buoyancy, was completely unable to relax which exacerbated it, and had the flexibility of an oak tree FFS.

LRB

For me it is not so much swimming as flailing. I have to warn the lifeguard in advance, so he doesn't try to jump in & save me from what looks like drowning.

lol

I actually enjoyed it, but once running came along that was the end of that!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He looks like he shouldn't be in the stroller, he looks so big.

He's just about outgrown it lol. But he still fits comfortably and I can strap him in no problem, but I don't think I could if he was wearing a coat.........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Ahh okay - my swim pace equivalent is probably about 7:00 mile running Smile  Too bad the swim is such a tiny part of a triathlon. Are you just swimming on your own?  It might benefit you to join a masters swim team in your area.

I am swimming on my own but I just started meeting with a coach once a week.  He said I'll be an average swimmer by the spring, which would be a huge improvement over where I am now.

<3

onemile

I ran 7. The first 4 of them with Bruno.

LRB

I ran 7. The first 4 of them with Bruno.

He's all healed up? That didn't take long at all.