Beginners and Beyond

2015: Day 3. The Dailies (Read 45 times)

happylily

OMG... Dave had never heard of Terry Fox before... GRRRR....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hey everybody..getting back into running after a long hiatus..last ran almost 3 years ago..Northcoast 24 hour race..but really haven't trained or run much for over 5 years..realized it's time when I couldn't keep up with my 5 year old running home from the playground.

Ran 3 miles on Thursday and 4 in the rain today..rocking the 13mm pace. Don't care about that..I need my pants to fit and to get in shape to keep up with my kids Smile

Cyberic

I'm down another 1.6 lb. Six more this evening.

Now that's what I call a diet!

Hip Redux

I haven't been posting, because I haven't run since last Sunday. I haven't decided yet whether I want to continue running or not. But today I ran 20 miles @ 8:17 pace. Now I probably won't run until next Saturday...

Well that's one way to get a run in lol

3 miles around the river and my hands FROZE and then HURT.  I think I have Raynaud's because this keeps happening more often now when my hands get cold.  Owwww.

Cyberic

lily, 20 miles a week is enough to stay fit. I don't think you have to run it all at once 

LRB

I haven't been posting, because I haven't run since last Sunday. 

Luckily for the internet, running is not a prerequisite for me to hang out here. 

LRB

Hey everybody..getting back into running after a long hiatus..last ran almost 3 years ago..Northcoast 24 hour race..but really haven't trained or run much for over 5 years..realized it's time when I couldn't keep up with my 5 year old running home from the playground.

Ran 3 miles on Thursday and 4 in the rain today..rocking the 13mm pace. Don't care about that..I need my pants to fit and to get in shape to keep up with my kids Smile

'Sup, yo.

LRB

OMG... Dave or Rick had never heard of Terry Fox before... GRRRR....

FYP

:ducks:

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights done. Did 2 DVDs. One was lower body, contrast training, which was weight work, like squats, followed by plyometrics and repeat. Ouch. Then did a chest, shoulders & triceps workout.

I'm sure I am tempting fate. I registered for a 5k and 1 mile race in early February. Prime snow time for Maryland. Although at this point, I would prefer the snow to the cold rain we are having today.

happylily

FYP

ARGH!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE!

Hey, hi Murphy! Welcome aboard! We're nice people here and we'll help you run faster than that 5 year old of yours in no time.

Oski, Raynaud sucks. For me, it has come and gone over the years. Weird stuff...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FYP

Me either.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well, Lilly I knew who he was. So the others can go sit in the corner.

Marjorie

LRB

lol

happylily

Thank you! Now you heard Marjorie... In the corner all three of you!

Seriously, we have few heroes in Canada. We are not hero oriented around here.  But Terry Fox is considered by far the biggest, most beloved of all our Canadian heroes.

DavePNW

Seriously, we have few heroes in Canada. We are not hero oriented around here.  But Terry Fox is considered by far the biggest, most beloved of all our Canadian heroes.

As well he should be. Too bad the only one-legged runner most people can names Oscar Pistorius. And too bad the only Canadian runner most people can name is Ben Johnson. I just wished (SPOILER ALERT) the story had a happier ending.

The film was incidentally directed by another Canadian hero, Steve Nash. I'm guessing LRB has heard of him.

Recently watched another excellent doc on Netflix called Run for Your Life, about Fred Lebow, whom I had also never heard of. He organized the first NYC marathon, when people said it was crazy to try to run a race through the streets of all 5 boroughs. And as RD for ~20 years, presided over its growth from 2000 runners to 40,000+. He was a unique character, and accomplished all he did through sheer force of will & personality.

Dave