Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

Awesome pic! She is indeed tiny. Unless you and gf are giants.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The high today is 92F. I can run the 6 outside but fuck if I'll do 16 in that, either here or in Miami.

In other news, the Thursday low is something around 42F.  Nice.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 8.

My legs were so dead that I almost fell down trying to step over a twig because I couldn't jump over it and my feet got tangled. lol

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

going to skip the fall marathon then? 

not looking good. It's 3 weeks from yesterday and I'm working hard to run 6 miles.  Might run the first half, or even the first 8 so I can do the bridge to Windsor and tunnel back to Detroit, but just can't see doing the full. Mentally, just not motivated anyway.

DavePNW

not looking good. It's 3 weeks from yesterday and I'm working hard to run 6 miles.  Might run the first half, or even the first 8 so I can do the bridge to Windsor and tunnel back to Detroit, but just can't see doing the full. Mentally, just not motivated anyway.

Can you downgrade your registration to the half?

Dave

LRB

I would just take the DNS and focus on establishing a base of 12 weeks of running easy. You can actually use running to get 100% healthy if it's done correctly. 👍

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Can you downgrade your registration to the half?

It costs $30 to change races and I'm not sure I care enough about an official time in the half, since I don't expect to be running fast, to pay another $30. If I just run the half, I'll probably just peel off at the split and finish without an official time.

But, and I didn't know this, they offer a deferral to 2020, for a $30 fee, but that has to be done by tomorrow.  My nephew, who would be a 1st time marathoner, has also been planning on running the race (likely well ahead of me!) but he is also struggling with an injury and likely won't do the full marathon. So, I will probably end up doing whatever he does but I'm leaning to keeping the full registration and just splitting off half way.

DavePNW

It costs $30 to change races and I'm not sure I care enough about an official time in the half, since I don't expect to be running fast, to pay another $30. If I just run the half, I'll probably just peel off at the split and finish without an official time.

But, and I didn't know this, they offer a deferral to 2020, for a $30 fee, but that has to be done by tomorrow.  My nephew, who would be a 1st time marathoner, has also been planning on running the race (likely well ahead of me!) but he is also struggling with an injury and likely won't do the full marathon. So, I will probably end up doing whatever he does but I'm leaning to keeping the full registration and just splitting off half way.

I vote for DNS + deferral.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

You can actually use running to get 100% healthy if it's done correctly. 👍

Doing it correctly is always my problem...

Along with PT, I'm thinking about using a program, or coach, for getting healthy and Boston training. I've never done that before as I always thought the daily schedule would end up feeling like too much of an obligation and take away form the "joy of running." But, it likely feels that way in either case and I'm not experiencing much "joy" now! And, I'm pretty sure I've always overestimated my own ability, considering my inability to get to the starting line on so many occasions, to develop a good training plan and not overdue it in some way.

Sorry for the babbling but it's mentally therapeutic!

onemile

The high today is 92F. I can run the 6 outside but fuck if I'll do 16 in that, either here or in Miami.

In other news, the Thursday low is something around 42F.  Nice.

and here I thought you'd make it at least til November

onemile

Along with PT, I'm thinking about using a program, or coach, for getting healthy and Boston training. I've never done that before as I always thought the daily schedule would end up feeling like too much of an obligation and take away form the "joy of running." But, it likely feels that way in either case and I'm not experiencing much "joy" now! And, I'm pretty sure I've always overestimated my own ability, considering my inability to get to the starting line on so many occasions, to develop a good training plan and not overdue it in some way.

I think an outside view could definitely help

Cyberic

You can actually use running to get 100% healthy if it's done correctly. 👍

Cyberic

I don't know if getting a coach or a program is necessarily going to lead to being hurt less. Some coaches would help, yup, for sure. An educated outside view could definitely help. But not all coaches. Some are good at pushing you hard for fitness gains, not necessarily at preventing injuries.

That is simply my observation from people I know who have coaches and some who don't.

LRB

Babbling is encouraged and welcomed.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I vote for DNS + deferral.

Me, and my nephew, are going to defer to 2020