Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 33 times)

onemile

And yet it's home to The Happiest Place on Earth.

I'd rather visit north korea

RunningOnSand

how do you really feel about it? :P

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I had an 80 minute massage. My legs hurt worse than they did before I went in. lol

Feeling the same after PT this morning. Legs feel like I ran 20, or more...sure hope the pain pays off!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm a DIsney fan, but bigger Universal, and Harry Potter, fan! Of course, I live in Michigan, which is cold for a large part of the year. Disney (and Universal) is in Florida, which is warm for most of the year...

Cyberic

not true. I fell and skinned my knee real good on a sidewalk there.  Shortly after dodging crowds of homeless people and stepping over the underwear laying on the sidewalk.  Orlando is a real shit hole

I looked all around the hotel area (not downtown Orlando) and there is nothing. I looked on Google Maps, ultra zoomed when you actually see the streets and there's nothing. No sidewalks. There are short stretches of about 300m and then it just stops. Very weird. The convention center is in an area surrounded by large streets and highways, from what I see.

I am NOT a Disney person. Not at all. I am not a heat and humidity person, but I do have to admit that hurricane season is quite appealing, lol.

Cyberic

FL is a pedestrian nightmare.  I think Miami, Orlando, and Tampa rank worst cities for pedestrians every year.  Lack of sidewalks is an issue in many areas.  Good luck, Cy!

I'm working hard on not going. It's for a stupid convention, not for a client contract. My problem is that I can hold my own and simply say I won't go, but my coworker will then crumble under the pressure and go, and he doesn't want to go either. I don't want to be the reason why he has to go. But I don't want to go. I don't see a way out where I'm winning, unless my coworker also says he's not going.

LRB

I looked all around the hotel area (not downtown Orlando) and there is nothing. I looked on Google Maps, ultra zoomed when you actually see the streets and there's nothing. No sidewalks. There are short stretches of about 300m and then it just stops. Very weird. The convention center is in an area surrounded by large streets and highways, from what I see.

I am NOT a Disney person. Not at all. I am not a heat and humidity person, but I do have to admit that hurricane season is quite appealing, lol.

I found a paved trail to run on down there. I'm not sure where that page is but I googled places to run at Disney or in Orlando I think. I'll try to find it if you're going to have a rental car or other means to get to it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, can you use the Find Routes feature on this site to see what others have run in Orlando?

LRB

Running in Orlando

Baboon

delicate flower

Run later.

5 miles done and felt good.  Wish I felt that good Saturday instead of laying a fucking egg.

<3

LRB

A shot from yesterday's group run. Loaded with up and coming thoroughbreds from the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project stables...and hobby joggers.

onemile

Running in Orlando

That's actually where I ran when I was there. It was about a mile from my hotel

Half Crazy K 2.0

I signed up for a 5k on Saturday. I'm hoping that I can actually take advantage this time of the almost totally flat course. It will be somewhere between 30-40 degrees cooler from when I ran this coourse in July. I fully expect to see lots of people in parkas.

sdWhiskers

RD because my body is all screwed up. Its 730am here in Japan. On Tuesday. Meetings until 830 PM 

Wish the whole country would turn up the AC. Sweaty hot everywhere...trains, buses, airplanes, hotels, conference rooms...

Cyberic

I found a paved trail to run on down there. I'm not sure where that page is but I googled places to run at Disney or in Orlando I think. I'll try to find it if you're going to have a rental car or other means to get to it.

If I have to go, I'll look deeper into it. Thanks for the offer. I might ask you if I'm going. My company is so cheap (public sector) that if we have a car, it will be one for the three of us.

I already looked at "Running in Orlando" sites and there's nothing near where I'd be staying. Haven't looked at heat maps, though.