Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

I use the RA Run Spots tool whenever I travel.

Dave

LRB

That's actually where I ran when I was there. It was about a mile from my hotel

I cannot remember exactly how far it was from mine, but I would've had to drive to it.

LRB

RD because my body is all screwed up. Its 730am here in Japan. On Tuesday. Meetings until 830 PM 

Wish the whole country would turn up the AC. Sweaty hot everywhere...trains, buses, airplanes, hotels, conference rooms...

Do the trains have 19 million people crammed in them like we see on the internet?

Half Crazy K 2.0

How's this for wonderful planning....the Balimore running festival & Baltimore Comic Con are the same weekend. Packet pick up and Comic Con are both at the convention center, with overlapping times on Friday. Glad I'm not doing that race. I'm sure that's going to make for some interesting packet pick up stories....

LRB

How's this for wonderful planning....the Balimore running festival & Baltimore Comic Con are the same weekend. Packet pick up and Comic Con are both at the convention center, with overlapping times on Friday. Glad I'm not doing that race. I'm sure that's going to make for some interesting packet pick up stories....

There is never a dull moment with your events!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I have to go, I'll look deeper into it. Thanks for the offer. I might ask you if I'm going. My company is so cheap (public sector) that if we have a car, it will be one for the three of us.

I already looked at "Running in Orlando" sites and there's nothing near where I'd be staying. Haven't looked at heat maps, though.

Where are you staying?  That path LRB posted is in downtown Orlando.

Switched my 4 from Sunday with today's so I ran 4 in 88F.  Boy I sweated a lot.

First work day went well.  They are letting me do my alternate schedule and I have my Friday off this Friday, ha.  can't work from home for a while since I don't have my hotspot and they still have not fixed it and I don't have a caseload yet.

Damaris

Runshortii

I ran 5. ‘‘Twas hot and muggy

sdWhiskers

Do the trains have 19 million people crammed in them like we see on the internet?

At peak commuting times, absolutely yes. It's fun to watch from the platform, much less fun on the train

DavePNW

RD because my body is all screwed up. Its 730am here in Japan. On Tuesday. Meetings until 830 PM 

Wish the whole country would turn up the AC. Sweaty hot everywhere...trains, buses, airplanes, hotels, conference rooms...

Yep. They do not like A/C over there. It’s mostly an energy conservation thing. It was even worse back when everyone smoked everywhere. And you couldn’t take off your suit jacket in meetings. At some point the government instituted the “Cool Biz” policy for the summer months. Business were to keep their thermostats at no less than 82 degrees, but people in normally conservative workplaces could dress more casually. Only in Japan would a government put a policy like this in place. And have 100% of people follow it. “Casual” business attire often just means the same gray suit and white shirt, but no tie - they are considered virtually forbidden. It was summer last time I went; walking through train stations passing thousands of business people, not a single tie in sight. Whereas otherwise it would be all ties. It is such a culture of conformity. A comedian said “It would be easier to get the entire population of Tokyo to wear matching outfits than to get any two Americans to agree on pizza toppings.”

Dave

LRB

Feeling the same after PT this morning. Legs feel like I ran 20, or more...sure hope the pain pays off!

Here is an incredibly long and mind numbingly detailed article on base training. Just the type of reading you need now that your off-season has officially (and wisely) begun.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's going to be the angry mob Saturday when there are road closures all over the city for the running festival.  Including in front of the convention center!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Here is an incredibly long and mind numbingly detailed article on base training. Just the type of reading you need now that your off-season has officially (and wisely) begun.

awesome, I'll definitely read it. Appreciate the help

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Notice how it differs from many of the common canned plans like Higdon where the peak mileage is just before the taper.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Coincidentally in today's edition of the weekly McMillan newsletter I've been getting ever since I bought one of his plans, there's an article on base training. I haven't read it, nor have I read the article you linked, because I never read any of that stuff. 

Dave