Beginners and Beyond

Experimental ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

onemile

It's simple; my run is done and out of the way before my day starts. Two words for that; Awe, Some. Big grin

This is a great feeling. However, when I have tried morning running, it has always felt so sluggish and speedwork paces were harder and slower.  So then I went back to after-work runs.

LRB

This is a great feeling. However, when I have tried morning running, it has always felt so sluggish and speedwork paces were harder and slower.  So then I went back to after-work runs.

No, it is definitely not for everyone. I get up two hours before I run to allow my body a WTF moment. Not many people have that kind of time, which doesn't include the time spent actually RUNNING. I wouldn't either except an 8:30 start time at work and relatively short drive helps.

DavePNW

No, it is definitely not for everyone. I get up two hours before I run to allow my body a WTF moment. Not many people have that kind of time, which doesn't include the time spent actually RUNNING. I wouldn't either except an 8:30 start time at work and relatively short drive helps.

I see a big difference in effort/pace of AM runs when just rolling out of bed, vs my current typical weekday situation - driving to the gym near work and running from there. In the former case, it is about 20 mins from bed to road; in the latter case, 2:00-2:15. Things go much better with the bigger time gap.

6 miles with 6 strides.

285.5 miles for the month.

Dave

Cyberic

I think I need to toughen up the criteria here...

I predict that very soon you won't be awarding me golden stars anymore.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5. 14 mph winds with 21 mph gusts, that sucked. Sunday is not gonna be fun.

I only run in the morning if I am off work.

onemile

I see a big difference in effort/pace of AM runs when just rolling out of bed, vs my current typical weekday situation - driving to the gym near work and running from there. In the former case, it is about 20 mins from bed to road; in the latter case, 2:00-2:15. Things go much better with the bigger time gap.

Yeah and that's what I do for morning races. 3 hours even and feel good.  It's the get up at 5:15am and out the door by 5:30 that hurts.

onemile

I predict that very soon you won't be awarding me golden stars anymore.

Good because this is getting to be too much work.

Zelanie

I'm fine with needing a 2 hour weekday and 2:30 weekend pool run to be star worthy.

onemile

I'm fine with needing a 2 hour weekday and 2:30 weekend pool run to be star worthy.

And here I was thinking 90 minutes of pool running sounded like pure torture...

Cyberic

I am not a morning exerciser unless I have to.

I like it on the weekends, as morning means whenever I feel ready to go. On work days , especially with a hard workout on schedule, I'm definitely not my best in the morning.

LRB

I'm going to do it as a training run, but it's got a fair amount of elevation, basically it's up and over a mountain four times, a small mountain, but still a mountain. LOL

I don't run hills for diddly squat, so my opinion counts for the same, but there have been a couple of occasion where I've almost come to a compete stop while running up them stupid things. It's as if you're running perpendicular to the earth and will fall backwards if you let your legs stop moving!

LRB

I am sure it is, for normal people. This excludes Z and L, obviously. lol

LRB

GARLIC.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have a tough 10 mile run tomorrow with lots of intervals, but I may to have time to do it. Should I do it today even though it is a SRD? Keep in mind I ran 11 yesterday.

Zelanie

It's either that or sit around getting fat.