Beginners and Beyond

Experimental ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The forecast just gets better with time   Sunday 8 am, 39 degrees, west wind at 32mph, 48 mph gusts, real feel 21. 9 am, 40 degrees, winds ENW 31 mph, 44 mph gusts, real feel 23.

I'm leaning towards running it as a workout, do HM pace when the wind is most favorable ( I think that would be the first half), then easy effort, or as easy as possible into those winds. Then hopefully won't need as much recovery and can ramp back up to try my luck again in 3 weeks.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So much for those big storms 

Oh well, I needed the rest day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's simple; my run is done and out of the way before my day starts. Two words for that; Awe, Some. Big grin

Yes, but what happens when your day starts at 6 or 7am, eh?  Not waking up at 2am to run.  Ever.

Damaris

From the Internet.

That was a *tough* run. Warm day for us northerners, plus crazy wind, and I made the stupid decision to tough out part of the hill workout I had planned. Spent the second half of the run squinting into a headwind, got back in completely coated in dust/dirt. I feel like I've been hit by a truck now.

New watch is nice though! Upgraded to the FR235 last night. So many features! It even yells at me to get up when I've been sitting too long!

onemile

I have a tough 10 mile run tomorrow with lots of intervals, but I may to have time to do it. Should I do it today even though it is a SRD? Keep in mind I ran 11 yesterday.

Do you feel like you need a rest day? If so I wouldn't try doing the workout.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Do you feel like you need a rest day? If so I wouldn't try doing the workout.

No, I feel good. I'm about to get started.

onemile

No, I feel good. I'm about to get started.

Good luck!

LRB

It even yells at me to get up when I've been sitting too long!

Can that feature be disabled?

Cyberic

If not, I'd return it.

It's like rubbing it in. I know I've been sitting for a long time, I'm at work. Don't remind me, ffs.

LRB

If not, I'd return it.

It's like rubbing it in. I know I've been sitting for a long time, I'm at work. Don't remind me, ffs.

I burn a thousand calories a day running, I'm not moving shit. lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good luck!

Thank you. All done. 10 miles with 2 sets of 2x1200 and 1x800 at 6:49 pace. Average pace was 8:15. Man, that last one was hard.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The forecast just gets better with time   Sunday 8 am, 39 degrees, west wind at 32mph, 48 mph gusts, real feel 21. 9 am, 40 degrees, winds ENW 31 mph, 44 mph gusts, real feel 23.

I'm leaning towards running it as a workout, do HM pace when the wind is most favorable ( I think that would be the first half), then easy effort, or as easy as possible into those winds. Then hopefully won't need as much recovery and can ramp back up to try my luck again in 3 weeks.

That is when we said FTS.

Damaris

Cyberic

Thank you. All done. 10 miles with 2 sets of 2x1200 and 1x800 at 6:49 pace. Average pace was 8:15. Man, that last one was hard.

That means "Good workout, Jack!"

Zelanie

Yes. It's in the settings. I like the feature because I get super stiff if I sit for too long so it's helpful. Although today I just proctored 5 practice test sessions and it thinks that means I've been "inactive".

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is a pretty cool article, this 9 year old is bad ass.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/meet-year-ran-race-designed-navy-seals/story?id=38003645

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)