Beginners and Beyond

2019 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon RR (Read 47 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Remarkable race for all the training and shoes issues you've had.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Shoe purgatory (my term for being able to find anything that works) is the worst! I hope you can get that sorted out soon. Going into the race with the couple weeks you had leading up to it certainly didn't do anything for your confidence, so it's awesome that you still got out there and gave it your best effort. Good work!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks guys, I'm hoping all of this has helped my mental strength in preparation for my first ultra race in March.... it better freaking help lol.

I will say that, after having ran two road marathons and two trail marathons, I do prefer trails over roads.

Sure, the hills on trails can be a monster pain in the ass during the race itself, but the recovery is so much faster and kinder than recovering after a road marathon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice job battling, FS, and big congrats on the finish!  Marathons are hard, and it's always a good day when you can say you finished one.  I like your strategy of stuffing your gels into your gloves.  I've been doing that on my long runs this cycle, and it certainly helps keep them warm for easy consumption.  Of course my marathon will be in Florida, so that won't really be a race day option for me.

That 17 minute gap between your chip time and gun time is nuts.  Very Disney-esque!  I can see why you think you lined up too far back!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice job battling, FS, and big congrats on the finish!  Marathons are hard, and it's always a good day when you can say you finished one.  I like your strategy of stuffing your gels into your gloves.  I've been doing that on my long runs this cycle, and it certainly helps keep them warm for easy consumption.  Of course my marathon will be in Florida, so that won't really be a race day option for me.

That 17 minute gap between your chip time and gun time is nuts.  Very Disney-esque!  I can see why you think you lined up too far back!

Lol yeah, I did not realize how far back I had gotten into the crowd til it was 8:15-8:17 I guess. It felt like forever. I saw a lot of people with hydration packs on, and I kind of wish I had brought mine, but oh well, the glove thing worked and the back zipper pocket on my tights was big enough for 3 other gu's and my phone.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

Good job on toughing it out and finishing another IMM!

I would try the Ghosts. don't worry they are neutral, just try them. I used to wear only Adrenaline and then Ravenna and now I love the ghost.

LRB

Shoe purgatory (my term for being able to find anything that works) is the worst!

I like that. I wouldn't wish it on anyone...shit, it's almost as bad as an injury!

RunningOnSand

Awesome job, Andrea! To be in so much pain for so long is no joke - awesome job at toughing it out and finishing strong!

Cyberic

Shoe purgatory (my term for being able to find anything that works) is the worst!

Word

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This purgatory sucks major, doesn't help that my sore, achy muscles make every shoe feel wrong right now 

But I've been wearing these Guides all day, I think I like them.... but only a run will tell me the truth.

Ghosts.....hmmm it would be worth a try.

PRs

KCRuns

Congratulations! You battled through the pain and finished!

I’ll second Onemile’s suggestion to try the Ghosts, they are awesome.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congratulations! You battled through the pain and finished!

I’ll second Onemile’s suggestion to try the Ghosts, they are awesome.

🙂 thanks.

The heel to toe worries me a little... 31 mm (heel) and 19 mm (toe). I don't know if that's important but I always stay at the 10mm difference.

PRs

KCRuns

🙂 thanks.

The heel to toe worries me a little... 31 mm (heel) and 19 mm (toe). I don't know if that's important but I always stay at the 10mm difference.

Maybe it’s time to try something different 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cyberic

🙂 thanks.

2 mm should not make a big difference IMO

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe it’s time to try something different 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was going to say this.  Especially since the other stuff is not working.

Damaris