Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Brought to you by motivation... (Read 35 times)

LRB

Or a lack thereof.

LRB

I planned on a workout this morning but an hour and a half of sleeplessness right before I was set to get up threw a wrench into all of that.

I might try something later, after work.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 in the overcast dark.  Everything was feeling good from the start, so I ran harder and faster than I have in awhile.  It was my fastest run in several months, and that is satisfying.

If i can keep 40+ mile weeks going all of next month, then I will plan on a 5k in September.  If I get through that with no issues, I'm doing a half in November.  I probably should just keep these thoughts in my head, but if I get through the half ok, I'm going to try to bump up the mileage a bit and get ready for a February marathon.  Of course, my foot might go to shit next week when I'm trying to hit 40.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I ran 6 in the overcast dark.  Everything was feeling good from the start, so I ran harder and faster than I have in awhile.  It was my fastest run in several months, and that is satisfying.

If i can keep 40+ mile weeks going all of next month, then I will plan on a 5k in September.  If I get through that with no issues, I'm doing a half in November.  I probably should just keep these thoughts in my head, but if I get through the half ok, I'm going to try to bump up the mileage a bit and get ready for a February marathon.  Of course, my foot might go to shit next week when I'm trying to hit 40.

Have a great day folks!

Why keep it in your head? This is the place to share all your running thoughts, ideas, successes and failures.

I'm happy all is going well for you. Can't wait to see you back at the top of the mileage rankings.

Ran to work.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Another day, another swim!  2500 yards with the masters group, and I had a really good swim.  Looooong sets today and they felt fluid and effortless.  Good stuff.

I am now in 70.3 TAPER.  HOORAY!!  I've got my workouts but Coach says to go easy if I am not feeling it on any of those days.  The hay is in the barn.  The meat is in the taco.  The stuffing is in the turkey.  The filling is in the cupcake.

<3

LRB

'Morning!  Another day, another swim!  2500 yards with the masters group, and I had a really good swim.  Looooong sets today and they felt fluid and effortless.  Good stuff.

I am now in 70.3 TAPER.  HOORAY!!  I've got my workouts but Coach says to go easy if I am not feeling it on any of those days.  The hay is in the barn.  The meat is in the taco.  The stuffing is in the turkey.  The filling is in the cupcake.

It's time to eat shit up then. lol

onemile

Why keep it in your head? This is the place to share all your running thoughts, ideas, successes and failures.

Because if you speak it out loud, you are bound to fail 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 with 2 at MP. Nice to see you back doing more miles, PR.

I have no motivation...and no phone seems like since I left the charger at the office and I'm in court. Sigh.

Damaris

Cyberic

Because if you speak it out loud, you are bound to fail 

I am zero superstitious, so I do not believe that.

I'd give you a hug if I could, though. And try to make you smile and laugh!

Zelanie

Massage appointment today.  Taking a half day off work for it even.  I'm going to a new guy, who I hear is hot.

I am now in 70.3 26.2 TAPER.  HOORAY!!  

And feeling the taper legs. They weighed about 1000 lb each this morning. 8 slow miles w/10 laughable strides. Pretty sure I do not have any more double-digit weekday runs left, but a bit afraid to check.

Dave

I'd give you a hug if I could, though. And try to make you smile and laugh!

Get a room, you two.

Dave

Cyberic

Get a room, you two.

Hey, I'm old enough to be her uncle. Juste trying to be nice.

Cyberic

And feeling the taper legs. They weighed about 1000 lb each this morning. 8 slow miles w/10 laughable strides. Pretty sure I do not have any more double-digit weekday runs left, but a bit afraid to check.

I did a full taper for my half, and it's really weird how it does that to the legs. But they were feeling very good on race morning.

onemile

Hey, I'm old enough to be her uncle. Juste trying to be nice.

I don't think you are more than 10 or 12 years older than me