Beginners and Beyond

Weave Alert WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

10.1 for me

Treadmill or out in the strange land?

LRB

I may venture onto the treadmill for 2 or 3 very easy miles today, just to loosen my legs up, which are feeling tight, but not really sore.  So the only thing that still really hurts is my side, where I got that stupid side stitch.

I forget my pace for my first run back (which was on a Friday after my Sunday race) but it was not as bad as I thought it might have been.

Hopefully the weather reports are wrong, Lord knows they rarely get it right so you have got that going for you.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forget my pace for my first run back (which was on a Friday after my Sunday race) but it was not as bad as I thought it might have been.

Hopefully the weather reports are wrong, Lord knows they rarely get it right so you have got that going for you.

My first is usually with my husband on Tuesday (Sunday race), a nice run/walk at his pace.  On Wednesday I do my own run and by then my paces are normal or almost normal (this time around they were normal, da fuck).  So, that run/walk with hubby really helps me.

Damaris

delicate flower

When are you planning to start using your coach? When you start your spring marathon training?

I still have not officially secured the services of a coach.  I'll just be doing whatever through the end of December.  I'll start building my miles back up starting next week, but I'll start to focus my training a little more come January.

<3

DavePNW

It seemed as if all the cars passing were laughing at me, or was it me laughing at myself?  Probably the former.

Comfort level vs. running pants? Not that I am considering becoming a convert or anything....

Dave

onemile

I still have not officially secured the services of a coach.  I'll just be doing whatever through the end of December.  I'll start building my miles back up starting next week, but I'll start to focus my training a little more come January.

Just curious. I was thinking about a coach but I think I talked myself out of it.

LRB

Comfort level vs. running pants? Not that I am considering becoming a convert or anything....

Dork factor aside, at some point during the third mile I was pretty certain that I looked like a complete idiot they were exactly what I was looking for in a long pant.

I was unsure on the sizing of the stupid things but went with a medium instead of a large and that turned out to be a prudent choice.  They were snug but not restrictive and my legs were fine with nothing on underneath them running in a 20 degree wind chill (I bought a thin pair and a cold weather pair, today I wore the latter).

They were a bit loose at the ankles but I suppose that is excess material for taller people (my inseam is 32).

I am uncertain if I will wear them everyday (I will need to get over myself first ) but at this point anything is possible.

Hip Redux

(tap, tap, tap)  Is this thing on?

outoftheblue

CIM pictures are up.  I'm still debating whether to spend the obscene amounts they want for these things, but for those of you who expressed an interest, the proofs can be viewed at http://www.sportphoto.com/Default.aspx?Action=Home -- type in 1983 bib number.  For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

Life is good.

OskiBig grin

Rick - The majority of the people driving past you were probably thinking "I wish I were less fat and lazy", not laughing at your tights.

LRB

For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

Those were the faces attached to the asses you kicked those last 6 miles. 

LRB

Yes, you're holding it upside down.

outoftheblue

Most likely, LRB, they were wondering why in the hell you were out there running in such cold weather.  Before I starting running, I used to think people running in the rain were short a few cards in the deck.

And, there's nothing wrong with men in tights.

Life is good.

DavePNW

CIM pictures are up.  I'm still debating whether to spend the obscene amounts they want for these things, but for those of you who expressed an interest, the proofs can be viewed at http://www.sportphoto.com/Default.aspx?Action=Home -- type in 1983 bib number.  For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

Nice! You look very happy to be finished!! (Deservedly so.)

Dave

DavePNW

The mike has been on the whole time, you just need to step up to it.

Dave