Beginners and Beyond

Weave Alert WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

Most likely, LRB, they were wondering why in the hell you were out there running in such cold weather.  Before I starting running, I used to think people running in the rain were short a few cards in the deck.

^ This.

I remember one time I was out running in a blizzard, and a car honked as it drove by. I looked & didn't recognize the car or anyone in it. But as it passed, I saw a 26.2 sticker on the back. The driver was apparently just acknowledging a fellow nutcase.

Dave

CIM pictures are up.  I'm still debating whether to spend the obscene amounts they want for these things, but for those of you who expressed an interest, the proofs can be viewed at http://www.sportphoto.com/Default.aspx?Action=Home -- type in 1983 bib number.  For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

#marathoninglikeaboss

LRB

Before I starting running, I used to think people running in the rain were short a few cards in the deck.

lol

I have not thought about this in a long while but I used to think runners in any weather were a box of nuts!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

OOTB, nice photos, you do look relaxed and happy.

Funny thing, but in my 2 marathons, at the finish I consciously tried to move to an open area so that the photo would be mostly of myself and not a gaggle of others.  I may loose 1 or 2 sec slowing up a bit, or weave to the side, but its silly how strange thoughts enter our minds in an energy deprived state.  Do any of you all think/do the same thing?

Hip Redux

OskiBig grin

WHAT UP!

Dave - yeah, yeah, but I mostly had nothing to say.  Big grin

LRB

Funny thing, but in my 2 marathons, at the finish I consciously tried to move to an open area so that the photo would be mostly of myself and not a gaggle of others.  I may loose 1 or 2 sec slowing up a bit, or weave to the side, but its silly how strange thoughts enter our minds in an energy deprived state.  Do any of you all think/do the same thing?

About all the strength I can muster is to just barely lift my eyes to look ahead and I still look pathetic. lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

CIM pictures are up.  I'm still debating whether to spend the obscene amounts they want for these things, but for those of you who expressed an interest, the proofs can be viewed at http://www.sportphoto.com/Default.aspx?Action=Home -- type in 1983 bib number.  For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

Wow, you really have Great Legs, OOTB!   And a really great smile too!  Nice photos!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am with you, Jack, how our cold-weather folks can run in that stuff all winter long....gaaaah!  One week of it in Washington was enough for me!  Congrats on your workout!

Stay safe in that weather, OOTB!  Sorry about the side stitch, hope that goes away quickly for you!  BTW...we runners ARE a few cards short in the deck, lol.

Nice running, Marjorie!

"Whatever' running is good, Baboon...no pressure!

I like the Sporthill Pants, LRB.   They are fairly expensive.....but they sure do last!  I bought my pair in Ohio in 1992...and the darn things are still going strong.  They are very comfortable.  You might want to take a look at what Sporthill offers.

Hi, Oski!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

I pretty much take the shortest path to the finish line. However in consideration of the fact that photos are being taken, the one thing I do is try not to puke.

Dave

DavePNW

I have not thought about this in a long while but I used to think runners in any weather were a box of nuts!

I remember the first time I heard of someone running with a headlamp, I thought that was the most ridiculous thing in the whole world.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

(tap, tap, tap)  Is this thing on?

Hey!!!!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

great pictures, OOTB!

Back from the court that has no internet.  Bah.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

And, there's nothing wrong with men in tights.

"We are men (manly men!), we're men in tights! (TIGHT tights!)"

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

outoftheblue

I've never thought of that -- I'm mainly thinking about getting across as fast as I can.   My very first marathon I finished with a 5:00:01, after taking the time in the chute to slow down, weave over, and say hi to my family.   So, now I'm of the 'every second counts"  school of thinking.

It seems like in every photo I'm surrounded by relay runners (the yellow bibs), which is another feature of this race.  There you are slogging along at mile 20 and, bam, suddenly there are all these fresh-as-daisy relay runners bouncing along.

The last pictures in the group, was taken, I would guess around mile 23.  There I am pretty deep in misery, and right next to me is a relay runner in the yellow tank top smiling and looking happy as clam.

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Treadmill or out in the strange land?

I never ever do treadmill. I make sure to stay where I can run outside safely. Nice 4.2 out with some side street exploring back to get my 10.1. I ended in the hotel parking lot right at the point 1. Worked well. I've run this route before. Being a creature of habit I try to stay in the same hotels a lot or really close to it if my preferred is booked. I don't stay in new places very often. When I do I abuse street view a lot to evaluate if I can run there or close by.

Marjorie