Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins want chocolate cupcakes!! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Chocolate Cupcake Day!!  Mm, I would LOVE some chocolate cupcakes!!  Alas, 'tis not to be, as I think the only mix I have at home is for lemon bars.  I should probably make those, DH would be all kinds of happy.  Anyway, SRD for me today, woo-hoo!!  And this time next week I'll be heading to the airport for a week in Washington with the in-laws!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love cupcakes that are NOT chocolate!  I have Pilates and weights; might run with hubby if it's not to hellish outside.

Damaris

delicate flower

Cupcakes??

<3

LRB

I had chocolate milk and a chocolate doughnut after my run ffs. 

Singer who runs a smidge

I had chocolate milk and a chocolate doughnut after my run ffs. 

Go run again!!  Head towards Virginia, and I'll share that stuff with you!!  Because I'm kind and giving like that. 

GinnyinPA

You could buy yourself a cupcake for lunch.

D - I hope the heat and your lungs allow a run this evening.  If not, enjoy your gym time.

HopesMom - Which Washington? State or city?   Have fun either way.

I'll probably do the beer run tonight, since it's too hot to run this afternoon.

Singer who runs a smidge

Washington State.  We do go to DC on occasion, either driving or hopping on a train, but DH's folks are from WA, so it's nice to go back every once in a while.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cupcakes??

Is that your way of asking: you rang?

Damaris

Zelanie

Mmm, cupcakes.

Have fun in Washington, HsM!  Hope the rain settles down a bit.  You visit the eastern part of the state if I remember correctly, yes?

I have my Hanson's strength workout tonight.  3 x 2 miles at just faster than marathon pace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Enjoy DC, Hope!

Ginny, thanks!  I managed to run outdoors last night and didn't die, yay!  Enjoy the beer run.

Z, enjoy the Hanson workout, shudder.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmm, cupcakes.

Have fun in Washington, HsM!  Hope the rain settles down a bit.  You visit the eastern part of the state if I remember correctly, yes?

I have my Hanson's strength workout tonight.  3 x 2 miles at just faster than marathon pace.

Yep, Tri-cities area.  DH's folks have lined us up a tour of Hanford's B reactor, which should be all kinds of cool.  It wasn't open for tours when I worked there.