Beginners and Beyond

The truth about TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Let them know you won't  vote for them in the next weather man election.

We had dire warnings tonight, too.  Nary a rumble.

They've been sort of right both times. Last week the storms were later than anticipated, but delivered. It sounded like something hit close by the house, I just remember waking up and saying "holy shit" and my heart was racing. Tonight was no where near as exciting, but still some heavy rain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Donuts are for before a marathon, hello?

Tried my new Altra Torins (since Hokas screwed the new version of the Cliftons) and I love these.  6 miles after heavy weights.

Damaris

B-Plus

Good morning!

4 miles last night after a 20 mile bike ride which is the longest I've ever ridden.  I was wiped out. Baboon, I don't know how you do those duathlon thingies.  5 on the schedule for tonight.

I had planned to ride for 5, 6 in the trails, then 5 back home but I got a flat on the way, FFS.

Baboon

delicate flower

Triathlon was kind of nuts tonight.  The start was delayed 15 minutes to let some dark clouds pass, but then they sent us off anyway.  The swim went fine other than being its usual crowded fiasco.  The sky got dark quickly, then the rain started to fall two miles into the five mile bike.  It poured and I mean poured.  The trails got bad....mud, running water, huge puddles, and obviously everything was wet and slick.  Visibility was terrible and I couldn't see a damn thing.  The wind was howling and I was getting pelted with falling tree debris.  And it was FUN!     The race was stopped after the bike, so no run.  BOOOO!   What an adventure.

<3

2 sets of 5x(2min mile pace +5%, 2 min easy).  It was a thoroughly sweaty one.

Tomorrow, the MILE (dun dun dun), Part Two.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Donuts are for before a marathon, hello?

Tried my new Altra Torins (since Hokas screwed the new version of the Cliftons) and I love these.  6 miles after heavy weights.

Oh hell no, lol. I think I'll stick with my Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin with Peanut Butter

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

11 miles done, including speedwork.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Aw shit.  

DavePNW

2 sets of 5x(2min mile pace +5%, 2 min easy).  It was a thoroughly sweaty one.

Goal?

Dave

DavePNW

Triathlon was kind of nuts tonight.  The start was delayed 15 minutes to let some dark clouds pass, but then they sent us off anyway.  The swim went fine other than being its usual crowded fiasco.  The sky got dark quickly, then the rain started to fall two miles into the five mile bike.  It poured and I mean poured.  The trails got bad....mud, running water, huge puddles, and obviously everything was wet and slick.  Visibility was terrible and I couldn't see a damn thing.  The wind was howling and I was getting pelted with falling tree debris.  And it was FUN!     The race was stopped after the bike, so no run.  BOOOO!   What an adventure.

Indeed! Sucks that they stopped it before the best part. It's like going to a movie and you get the popcorn, which is good, then watch all the trailers, which are good, but then they say sorry, no feature presentation tonight.

Dave

Goal?

To finish in time to make it down to the waterfront for the sunset and a beer Tongue.

StepbyStep-SH

But it still took me over 2 months to get my fitness back for that 1 month of no running.  But maybe it would have taken longer if I hadn't done anything? I don't know.

Given that ratio, it's going to take me 9 months from May 1 to get back to where I was in December? Sad

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Given that ratio, it's going to take me 9 months from May 1 to get back to where I was in December? Sad

I felt it took me a year after my hysto to feel back on track to before surgery paces. Sad

Damaris

B-Plus

B-Plus

Oh hell no, lol. I think I'll stick with my Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin with Peanut Butter

I thought poptarts was the go-to.