Beginners and Beyond

BQ'd my first marathon :) (Read 129 times)

GinnyinPA

I am not at all surprised that you managed to do so well on your first marathon.  You are a strong runner who has made incredible progress in your two years of running.  Congratulations.

DavePNW

WOW!

Welcome to The Klompus Klub: BQ Your Debut! (Registered trademark)

Very impressive to finish so strong, especially after losing your security blanket at mile 20, which is often when you need one most. (Or so I've been told; I've never been able to keep up with the pacer that long....)

Great job!

Dave

happylily

Magnificent performance! Congratulations, Dave!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Textbook racing - way to nail it and stay strong to the end. Congratulations!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

hog4life

Congrats Dave! It has been very inspiring to watch your progress.

B-Plus

Congrats Dave! There was never any doubt you'd get it on your first try.

Congratulations, Dave.

All your hard training has paid off, and you nailed it on the first try.  Awesome!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Now you're in a select group, not just with a BQ or a BQ in your first attempt, but a BQ in your first marathon. Smart move to stay with the group. Having support from a group often helps in keeping the pace honest and getting you through any tough spots you might encounter.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

WOW!

Welcome to The Klompus Klub: BQ Your Debut! (Registered trademark)

Very impressive to finish so strong, especially after losing your security blanket at mile 20, which is often when you need one most. (Or so I've been told; I've never been able to keep up with the pacer that long....)

Great job!

LMAO!! ^^^

D2, awesome run, but in all honesty, it's no surprise. It has been a pleasure watching you train, comparing notes, etc... Remember, it was you who sent me the Pfitz stuff that helped me so much. Smile  Since your Garmin took a dump, did you know how close you were to 3:15? I had to haul ass in my last six miles to get my BQ and mile 26 was my fastest. Apart from the time, we ran with the same strategy; easy for 20 and progression the last six. I wish we could see your splits. Man, I am super happy for you and I hope we both make it to Boston. Smile Well done, my friend!  The beer I am drinking right now is dedicated to you!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job and performance!  Congrats on your BQ!!!!

Damaris

Very nice race! Congrats on the BQ!

Bin Running

Congrats Dave.. BQ on 1st Marathon.. I can't wait to see how you will run with better training..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Way to go!  So happy that you had such a strong run today!  I know you had the talent, but getting sick and having to miss some training is always nerve racking!  Congratulations!

tracilynn

Congrats Dave. Not surprised at all cause YOU DA MAN!  Enjoy your BQness. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Antipodean

That's just huge. Such consistency. Great job and enjoy your time to bask in the glory as you deserve it.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary