Beginners and Beyond

BQ'd my first marathon :) (Read 129 times)

No more marathons

posted: 2/20/2014 at 7:19 AM

Quote from still bluesky on 2/19/2014 at 11:24 PM:

Sorry to get too philosophical, but tomorrow (or a second attempt at a BQ) is not guaranteed to anyone.  As long as the goal is reasonable, the three questions posed by setantae should be considered seriously.

That's pretty much how I feel.  Things are going good now, so unless something changes, I have a feeling I'll be lining up with the 3:15 pacer.  It might not be the most comfortable experience, but it's a race, it's not supposed to be comfortable.  I don't think I'll be happy if I don't give it a shot.  If I don't get it, then there are other marathons.

-Dave

It's so good to be right.  

Congrats Dave

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

SheCan

Congratulations, Dave!!!!!  We only expect the best from you!   You're just flat out amazing.  Nice swag with the race also.  The medal with the bottle opener is about the best idea I've heard of with medals.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Scotty!

Thanks Slymoon! I prefer to call it racing smartly. lol

Thanks SB! You called it. Smile I'm really glad I went for it, sometimes ya never know unless you try.

Thanks Cherie! I try not to disappoint. Smile I guess it helps that the race is sponsored by Yuengling (which now that I think about it, are actually twist tops lol).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

workinprogress11

You've definitely got some natural talent, but you've put in a lot of hard work too.  That's a great combo, apparently!  Congratulations on the great pacing and the BQ debut marathon.  Your story is an inspiring one!

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks work!  I think that's the best part, I've had more than a few people on here and IRL tell me that I've inspired them, I love that.

-Dave

My running blog

Yay, Dave!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats again! I enjoyed reading your RR. It's been so fun to see you progress. One of my buddies finally got his BQ at that race. It took him 4 tries. 

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Basya!  Good luck to you on Friday!

Thanks HobbitLegs!  Congrats to your friend, that's great!

-Dave

My running blog

on my way to badass

When I grow up I want to be Dave;-)

Congrats on the BQ!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Mmmmm...beer

When I grow up I want to be Dave;-)

Congrats on the BQ!

Wait, does that mean I have to grow up? lol

Thanks!

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

The pictures are up, I think I'm actually going to buy some.  Since it's my first marathon, and I BQ'd, I was thinking about doing some sort of mounted deal with a picture and the medal.  Here are my top three.  I like the first one, because it has the King Neptune statue in the background, the other two are good finishing shots.  For anyone wondering, my mouth is open at the finish because I was shouting, "BQ baby!!!", yes, I actually said that as I crossed the line, couldn't help it, it just came out. Smile

So what say the masses, King Neptune shot or finish line shot?

-Dave

My running blog

#artbydmcbride

Both!!

King Neptune for sure!

Runners run

DavePNW

King Neptune, baby! That pic is awesome.

MTA: I also vote for King Neptune as your new avi caption.

Dave

Hip Redux

GREAT shots, D2!

I made a framed deal for Mr. O on his first full - definitely worth capturing the moment with something like that!  I can dig up the link where I ordered it from, if you want.

Mmmmm...beer

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to be the King Neptune shot. Smile

Oski, that would be great, that was going to be my next step, to find someplace that does that sort of thing.  Thanks!

-Dave

My running blog