Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Don't overthink it (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Get out the gloves, hats, and parkas!

Where are you from, Miami?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, half a mile into my run this morning I tripped and took a headfirst dive on the sidewalk. Both palms & one elbow got pretty torn up. Most importantly though, only a small scrape on one knee, did not hit it too hard. A lot of blood overall though; I turned around & started to head back, but decided to stop in a McDonalds bathroom to clean myself off, and do the run. After finishing, radied the first aid kit at the gym for bandages, and subsequently the one at the office.

7 miles with 4 x 1200. 6:48, 6:39, 6:38, 6:32

Oh boy.  You fall more than me.

Damaris

LRB

h boy.  You fall more than me.

I generally do not comment on those things because my guardian angel's name is Karma. lol

onemile

I generally do not comment on those things because my guardian angel's name is Karma. lol

I twisted my ankle during my run on Sunday and was thinking something that simple can ruin months of training. But after a couple minutes it stopped hurting.

LRB

I twisted my ankle during my run on Sunday and was thinking something that simple can ruin months of training. But after a couple minutes it stopped hurting.

Since you mentioned it (FFS) I did the same thing at the end of my last MP run. I've been babying that thing ever since!

It's the second time it's happened to me, the first was at the end of Detroit last year.

onemile

Since you mentioned it (FFS) I did the same thing at the end of my last MP run. I've been babying that thing ever since!

It's the second time it's happened to me, the first was at the end of Detroit last year.

Runners are so fragile.

Muffin Eyes

my mind was thinking about running...does that count?

DavePNW

Runners Taperers are so fragile.

fyp

Dave

LRB

my mind was thinking about running...does that count?

Much safer too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I twist my ankle so much sometimes I don't remember.  And that time I dislocated the bone below the ankle and I still don't recall twisting my ankle that day!

Damaris

delicate flower

fly by before I start dinner...

Mixed feelings about my track workout.  My assignment was 10:00 warm up, then 6 x 2:00 at 6:20 pace with 1:00 recoveries, then cool down to hit 6 miles total.  I could not hit the 6:20 pace on the intervals.  They went 6:30, 6:24, 6:20, 6:31, 6:27, 6:28.  Yet, somehow I can run a 5K at 6:24 pace.  I don't focking know.  It's worth noting these are the fastest track intervals I've done, so there is that.

6 miles total at 7:27 avg pace.

<3

LRB

There is a bag of frozen peas in my shorts.

workinprogress11

Lots of tapering happening up in here. Keep it up with the frozen peas and such.

5 easy for me.

MTA, "keep it up" may have been the wrong choice of words 

onemile

7 with 4 at MP

LRB

fly by before I start dinner...

Mixed feelings about my track workout.  My assignment was 10:00 warm up, then 6 x 2:00 at 6:20 pace with 1:00 recoveries, then cool down to hit 6 miles total.  I could not hit the 6:20 pace on the intervals.  They went 6:30, 6:24, 6:20, 6:31, 6:27, 6:28.  Yet, somehow I can run a 5K at 6:24 pace.  I don't focking know.  It's worth noting these are the fastest track intervals I've done, so there is that.

6 miles total at 7:27 avg pace.

It's impossible to critique that workout without knowing the distances run for each interval FFS. Having said that, only 14 meters separated your fastest interval (508 meters), and your slowest one (494 meters). That's more likely due to a lack of focus or rhythm than fitness.

It takes time to run 5k in rhythm, and even then running it in 2 minute intervals would require a set of 10 or more to fairly judge the workout. Once you get up to 1,000 or 1,200 intervals, you're able to get your arm swing and breathing in rhythm with your footfalls over 2 and half to 3 laps versus 1 lap and barely a third.