Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Don't overthink it (Read 47 times)

LRB

Lots of tapering happening up in here. Keep it up with the frozen peas and such.

5 easy for me.

MTA, "keep it up" may have been the wrong choice of words 

You are funny!

LRB

7 with 4 at MP

Yep, you're ready!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I still have not even started my run since hubby has not arrived here and I have some miles with him.  I sure do not want to go out and run 2 and then wait for 30 minutes for him to get here.  Sigh.

Damaris

LRB

I still have not even started my run since hubby has not arrived here and I have some miles with him.  I sure do not want to go out and run 2 and then wait for 30 minutes for him to get here.  Sigh.

I would not be happy.

onemile

Yep, you're ready!

My legs didn't feel great though. Kinda sore for no reason.

LRB

My legs didn't feel great though. Kinda sore for no reason.

I imagine so what with the quality workouts you've had. Go to the fridge, grab a tub, get a spoon and dig in!

happylily

10, incl. 8x600m @ 5k pace. I wanted to make them 800m intervals, but it was not happening with my cold. So I ran 8 intervals instead of 6, but I kept them a bit shorter. I was on pace, though. My slow 5k pace, that is. Now bath and supper.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another 4.1 miles this evening with Dorian in the stroller. It is getting freaking dark sooner, like at 5 PM instead of 7 PM  Luckily my stroller has blinky white and red lights on it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill. I need to check out all the batteries on all my blinking lights so I can run outside tomorrow. I'm sure the batteries in my Knucklelights are dead.

Freesoul, Happy Birthday!

Cyberic, are your sidewalks cambered/slanted? If you aren't used to it, I can see how that could be irritating.

DaveP, yay on not hitting your knee? Ouch. Did you get any strange looks walking into a store bleeding?

Happylily, hope you feel better.

LRB, don't get frostbite. Hope you have someone who can help you warm things back up.

Karen M

Coming back to RA, and relearning.  Smile 4 miles today, in two 2 mile pieces...

Karen

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

Cyberic

I ran on turf around the abandoned soccer field (the kids were practicing inside), and it did wonders for my sore legs/knees.

Workout was this:

4x(2 laps H w/1 lap E) + 2 laps E + 4x(2 laps H w/1 lap E)

And 2 laps were 650 meters on the Garmin, so probably  more like 620-630 real meters.

Cyberic

HCrazy, some sidewalks are slanted, but most aren't. It's too much pavement and/or the new Sauvony shoes I was wearing yesterday. But I doubt it was the shoes because the reason I tried the new shoes is because the legs were sore before the run. Tried the new ultra cushioned Saucony to see if it would make a difference. It didn't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ended up running 4 with him and never the 6.  LOL.  I knew this would happen.  But my allergy shot was bad today so I am tired.

Damaris

happylily

Coming back to RA, and relearning.  Smile 4 miles today, in two 2 mile pieces...

Karen

OMG, Karen!!! Hi! How are you? Still running tons of marathons?  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

GinnyinPA

4.1 with the Beer Runners, followed by a Troeg's Perpetual IPA. I do enjoy the social runs.

Happy Birthday Andrea.

Welcome back Karen.

Lily - I hope your cold disappears quickly.

LRB - I hope the groin pull heals very quickly.  Adductor or psoas?