Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Hello my long lost friend (Read 39 times)

LRB

Wassup yo!

I am heading to work to run, OUTSIDE!

It is my number one route which parts of have been snowbound for three months, making this my first run there since early December!

I did a bit of a drive by yesterday however and most of the snow has melted, so we will see how this works out.

Up first though, a caffeine blast!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up, Rocky and I got 9 miles in just before dawn.  I love getting a run in before the sun even begins to shine Smile Now, back to bed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Either a 5 recovery run or my LR for the week.  We'll see.

Damaris

happylily

Good morning!

9 GA with 2 or 3 miles of hills after work.

See you later and have a great morning!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Good morning, sunshine!  10 miles last night at 8:22 pace.  I braved the snow and ice and hopped on the rail trail for a couple of miles instead of running on the busy main road.  Still a fair bit of winter messiness to dodge on the rail trail, but I'd say 80% of it was passable without having to run on snow and ice.  It beat having cars whizzing past me at 50 mph.  I hate cars.  A couple of nice warm days should clear the trail right up.

Rain and 40 degrees in the forecast for my HM Saturday.  FML.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Heading to the Y for 6 miles on the indoor track and a strength training class. My legs are beat, even though yesterday was a SRD.

Does anyone else find that the first few days of a cutback week feel worse than the actual intense weeks of the training plan? My brain wants a cutback week to feel great from the beginning, but the reality, I guess, is that the recovery doesn't really occur until a few days of reduced intensity have passed. During the hardest part of training, too, it seems like my body can "suck it up" and just keep going, but once I let up, I feel the fatigue more than ever.

Just my observations.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Still a fair bit of winter messiness to dodge on the rail trail, but I'd say 80% of it was passable without having to run on snow and ice.  It beat having cars whizzing past me at 50 mph.  I hate cars.  A couple of nice warm days should clear the trail right up.

My route was pretty clean except from miles 5.5 to 6.5 where I had to run on the shoulder towards traffic because the sidewalks were frozen over.  I.  Do.  Not.  Like.  Doing.  That.

Hopefully the rain passes for your race.

Zelanie

Morning!  We decided to go for the back surgery for our dog Zoe, so I am headed up to Portland to drop her off.  Her surgery will be today, and she should be coming home on Thursday.  I'll probably run 6 tonight.

Shari- I have found the same thing about cutback weeks!  But I usually end up feeling pretty good by the start of the following week, which I guess is the point.

LRB

Does anyone else find that the first few days of a cutback week feel worse than the actual intense weeks of the training plan? My brain wants a cutback week to feel great from the beginning, but the reality, I guess, is that the recovery doesn't really occur until a few days of reduced intensity have passed. During the hardest part of training, too, it seems like my body can "suck it up" and just keep going, but once I let up, I feel the fatigue more than ever.

Just my observations.

I do not have traditional cutback weeks perse`, but yes after a period of intense training I do feel it in my legs the first run after a day off or something like that.

7AM videoconference at work, so not enough time to do my usual morning treadmill. Um, unless I wanted to get up at 4AM instead of the usual 5AM. No thanks. Although as it turned out, I was up with insomnia from about 12:30 till 4:30. Could've gotten a nice LR in I guess. Anyway, will plan to run after work. If I can stay awake.

Dave

happylily

Heading to the Y for 6 miles on the indoor track and a strength training class. My legs are beat, even though yesterday was a SRD.

Just my observations.

Shari, I'm the same way. My hardest runs, the ones where I feel I can't move my legs and I just want to lay down on the couch and sleep are my recovery runs. They get me in a state of panic because I think If I feel so bad that day, running slowly, how will I feel on speedwork day? But I guess the plan knows that on recovery day, I will wake up depleted of energy from the previous workout, or training week, and that's why it asked for recovery miles. So it's normal to feel tired during the recovery run, or recovery week. The next day though, in general, I feel much better. Surely you will feel much better next week.

happylily

Morning!  We decided to go for the back surgery for our dog Zoe, so I am headed up to Portland to drop her off.  Her surgery will be today, and she should be coming home on Thursday.  I'll probably run 6 tonight.

Shari- I have found the same thing about cutback weeks!  But I usually end up feeling pretty good by the start of the following week, which I guess is the point.

Good luck to Zoe! Hoping for a perfect surgery and recovery!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me too.  I tend to feel like I'm tired, sick, etc., during cutback weeks yet I feel invincible during peak weeks.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mel, hope Zoe's surgery goes well.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Shari, these last two days have been coming off a pretty tough week. I've felt tired and slow. No pep in this guys' step. I'm not really in a cut-back week, but more of a draw down week. Maybe I just need a beer? The carbs will perk me right up (Yeah right, beer does not perk me up).

Speaking of running, I did my MLR today: 11 Easy miles on the TM. It will be a fairly easy day at work too. I've got Meals on Wheels around the noon hour, then I leave work early to go watch DD while DW gets her license renewed and goes in for a checkup for the expected baby.

Have a great day!

- Andrew