Beginners and Beyond

9/11 Weekend Penguins (Read 14 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!  I'm headed down to do a quick short run on the TM before heading down to bumfuck for a wedding.  By that I mean South Jersey... which if you've been there isn't much different from the deep south.

Unfortunately DH has to fly tomorrow morning for work, I'm sure airport security will suck.  He has TSA precheck but I think the airports are not the place to be on September 11th.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bumfuck, LOL.

I have Barre class and 4 miles.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Jill - enjoy your wedding this weekend. I hope your TM run went well.

Damaris - it is so odd to see you doing so few miles.  You will be well and truly tapered for your race.  Is this a goal race?

AFM:  treadmill later.  We finally got rain last night, so the humidity is even higher than it was (Dew points from 71 to 75 this afternoon).  I won't be running outside with a feels like of 101. We're having a short term cool down starting tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5 easy miles in a light rain.  No cyclists, yay.

Dog sitting this weekend.

PADRunner

Camping and a 3 mile trail run today. More trails tomorrow maybe more today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jill - enjoy your wedding this weekend. I hope your TM run went well.

Damaris - it is so odd to see you doing so few miles.  You will be well and truly tapered for your race.  Is this a goal race?

AFM:  treadmill later.  We finally got rain last night, so the humidity is even higher than it was (Dew points from 71 to 75 this afternoon).  I won't be running outside with a feels like of 101. We're having a short term cool down starting tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to.

I don't think so.  I am feeling better after hubby's brain surgery, mom's surgery, my high BP bout, etc., but I don't feel back on track yet.  We'll see what I can do in this one and go from there.  Thanks.

Ginny, the other day I ran in 77F and 76 which I thought would feel slightly better and it almost killed my lungs (it had just rained).  I cannot do 70+ dewpoints anymore. Sad

Damaris

Zelanie

Ginny, just a short term cooldown, even this late?  I hope you guys get some relief.

Jill, Hope you have a good time at the wedding!

D, Jerry, hope you had a good short run!

PAD- Sounds like fun!

I ran 5.6 with the dogs.  It heated up here, but not nearly as much as what everyone else is getting, I think.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, my husband was supposed to fly today, but I'm relieved his trip was postponed.  Hope yours has an easy airport experience.

Ginny, I hope it cooled down for you so you can run outside today.

Jerry, have fun with the dog(s)!

PAD, have fun on the trails!

Zel, nice running with the dogs.  We have been pretty cool here in SoCal so I hope it heads your way soon.

Damaris, I thought the same thing as Ginny - what short miles for Damaris!

I'm running the Ventura HM this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, and I ended up not even running them!

I have 12 today.

Damaris

From the Internet.

22 in the books! 3:07 and change/8:31 pace. Two more weeks and then it's taper time! Big grin

Next on my schedule: nap!

GinnyinPA

Brilliant - I hope your race went well. Doing a HM after a long bike ride has got to be hard.

Lauren - good job on the 22 miles.

Damaris - I hope you enjoy your 12.

Jerry - can you take the dogs on your walks?

PAD - do you have kids you're camping with? I hope you enjoyed the trail running.

Z - were you and the dogs on trails too?  We're supposed to go back up to 87 midweek, which is better than the 93 we had yesterday, especially since I think the humidity will be a lot lower.  After than we drop down to the 70's, which is more normal for this time of year.

AFM:  Today is DH's birthday, so we had French toast for breakfast, followed by a walk with Ben, then this afternoon we're heading to the AT for a short hike followed by dinner out. His day, but we get to do all the things I like to do.

Brilliant

AFM:  Today is DH's birthday, so we had French toast for breakfast, followed by a walk with Ben, then this afternoon we're heading to the AT for a short hike followed by dinner out. His day, but we get to do all the things I like to do.

Nice when it works out that way!  Happy Birthday to dh.

Ventura HM done in 2:11:56.

Zelanie

Congrats, Brilliant!

Nice run, Lauren!

D- Funny how much easier it is to skip the short runs. Smile  Hope the 12 go well.

Ginny- When I run with the dogs I generally run from my house along the river.  We have a couple of stops where they get water and I throw a stick for them into the river a couple of times.  So it's sort of "trails", but generally not very hilly or technical.

Today I ran just enough farther that I ended up leaving the park and going out onto the road, so I left the dogs at home.  They do reasonably well running on leash, but honestly I wanted the momentum today, and not all the starts and stops.  It was already cooler- only got up to 70 while I was out.

PADRunner

Ginny, No, just myself. I'm thinking of doing more trail running and camping at the locations before the races. So this was a trial run and it went pretty good. I've got a local 10k on Oct 1 and an 18k about 50 miles away Dec 3 that I'll camp at.

I've been watching some You tube videos of the AT. Like to do it some time.

Brill hope your HM went well.