Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Amber alert for LRB (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did a 14/3 combo in excellent weather. Low 60s and very low humidity makes June smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Monday!!  I swam 3000 yards before work, which is a longer workout as these things go.  I kept the effort easy though (think 14 mile jog).  I've got a short run to do after work.

I am rather sleepy this morning.  Not the best night of sleep.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Yucky Monday!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

DavePNW

SRD.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles, 3.25 AlterG miles.  First month since NOVEMBER that I've run 100+ miles.  Hallelujah.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 8 this morning. My online research indicated the best place to run near my hotel was loops around the Staples center so that's what I did.  (each loop is about a mile and you don't have to worry about intersections)

DavePNW

I ran 8 this morning. My online research indicated the best place to run near my hotel was loops around the Staples center so that's what I did.  (each loop is about a mile and you don't have to worry about intersections)

I've done that kind of thing when traveling. I'm cool with a 1 mile loop, it still beats the hell out of the hotel treadmill.

Not sure what your online research was, but the first place I always go is the Run Spots feature of RA.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

A clear, unobstructed one mile loop in a major city would be a major score IMO.   I've got no problem doing circles.

<3

DavePNW

A clear, unobstructed one mile loop in a major city would be a major score IMO.   I've got no problem doing circles.

I've logged a lot of miles circling the Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester. Of course that was mostly to avoid all the freaking hills.

Dave

Runshortii

SRD. Ran 4 yesterday before work. Decided I'm not going to do that 10K Sunday, because it's just a pain fitting it in. But I am doing a 4th of July 5K 10 minutes from my house. I suck at 10ks anyway

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My park is a one mile loop unobstructed from cars.  Unfortunately, also has unobstructed sun and no shade.  Otherwise, it would be perfect.

Damaris

onemile

It really wasn't bad at all. which is good because I am supposed to run a lot this week.

For some reason, on strava my pace for this run shows as 7:56 (the gps was whack and showing my route zig zagging all over due to the tall buildings) but in RA it shows a more reasonable 8:33 pace.  I don't get why they would be different.

Runshortii

It really wasn't bad at all. which is good because I am supposed to run a lot this week.

For some reason, on strava my pace for this run shows as 7:56 (the gps was whack and showing my route zig zagging all over due to the tall buildings) but in RA it shows a more reasonable 8:33 pace.  I don't get why they would be different.

I would have to look back, but the same thing happened to me once. Strava was showing completely different splits than RA and my garmin

DavePNW

What does the pace show on your Garmin?

Someone can probably explain, but my understanding is that RA does some kind of conversion of your GPS data, maybe Strava does not. Hard to imagine a difference this large, but wacky things happen sometimes with Garmins. (That's my technical analysis.)

BTW, another interesting comparison of our Strava data. You have about 100 more miles YTD, here is the total elevation gain:

You: 9,974 ft. Me: 24,140 ft. WI vs WA.

Phil is the king of hills though, he has 19k ft on half the miles.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

What does the pace show on your Garmin?

Someone can probably explain, but my understanding is that RA does some kind of conversion of your GPS data, maybe Strava does not. Hard to imagine a difference this large, but wacky things happen sometimes with Garmins. (That's my technical analysis.)

BTW, another interesting comparison of our Strava data. You have about 100 more miles YTD, here is the total elevation gain:

You: 9,974 ft. Me: 24,140 ft. WI vs WA.

Phil is the king of hills though, he has 19k ft on half the miles.

The splits on RA are always the same as the splits I see in Garmin Connect.  Strava, however, does crazy things to it sometimes.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog