Beginners and Beyond

How do you choose between 2 races, or do you choose both? (Read 92 times)

sirdizzy

Depends on if your goal is too pr in them or just have fun running them.  Clearly you could run both but if you want a serious pr attempt you should pick the most favorable for that.  You could likely still do both and try for a pr but you would have to decide which one was the pr attempt going to be on and take the other one very easy.

I have done races 3 weeks in a row knowing the third would not be my best race ever.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Depends on if your goal is too pr in them or just have fun running them.  Clearly you could run both but if you want a serious pr attempt you should pick the most favorable for that.  You could likely still do both and try for a pr but you would have to decide which one was the pr attempt going to be on and take the other one very easy.

I have done races 3 weeks in a row knowing the third would not be my best race ever.

True, I'll have to wait until I know the Evansville's date to decide if I am going to register for that as well. Either way, I actually have another race 2 weeks after the Annual Indy Half, and it's up in Indy too. Even if I don't run the Evansville Half on October 6 or 13, I'll still be running the 18th Annual Indy Half on October 19 and the Indianapolis Monumental Half on November 2.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)