Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Back To The Basics (Read 29 times)

onemile

Today is my annual 50K, and as usual a beautiful day. But I'm passing my turn this year. Because I'm flying to the UK!

Have a great trip!

onemile

I ran 10 with RP. My legs were sore from yesterday's run and he was hungover but we got it done

LRB

I ran 10 with RP. My legs were sore from yesterday's run and he was hungover but we got it done

Where was URP, hungover with sore legs and thus, unable to make it? 😂

onemile

Where was URP, hungover with sore legs and thus, unable to make it? 😂

Nope, it was with URP, hungover but still showed up. RRP ran Grandma's marathon yesterday

LRB

Nope, it was with URP, hungover but still showed up. RRP ran Grandma's marathon yesterday

Ah, that would explain the hungover part. 

Any word on his race results?

onemile

Ah, that would explain the hungover part. 

Any word on his race results?

He ran a 3:06.  He was hoping for sub3 and has the fitness for even faster so I'm not sure what happened

LRB

He ran a 3:06.  He was hoping for sub3 and has the fitness for even faster so I'm not sure what happened

Damn.

RunningOnSand

Hi.

The seventh day is for running long rest and so I shall. Of course it's a beautiful morning for running but I am reluctantly going to pass on the chance to do stupid and instead, give my body a break.

You?

Smart man!

Today is my annual 50K, and as usual a beautiful day. But I'm passing my turn this year. Because I'm flying to the UK!

Have an awesome trip!!!

Avocado and brie sandwich toasted?

Um, yes please. That sounds divine.

That's pretty close! Substitute the brie for provolone and add pesto and spinach...because that's what I have.

And so does this.

Nice job getting it done! How did RP do yesterday? ETA: NM, we cross posted. Hm, that sucks. Maybe it just wasn't his day. I follow someone on IG who also ran yesterday, and she was going for an OTQ and said it just wasn't her day, so she ran around a 3:00:00. Sucks when you put in all that training, and your fitness is there, but it's just not your day.

I cannot handle Tuna. Correction: I do love tuna but only when it is not in a can. I wish I could, though, b/c it's an easy, great source of protein

I'm also supposed to run 9 miles today, and I am going to force myself to get out there. I didn't want to get up early, and now it's steamy McSteamy out there (it rained). There are thunderstorms on the agenda for the whole day, and I'm not going to run in my dungeon  basement, so I guess I'll see when it's least likely to thunderstorm and go then. Still finishing my coffee--we had a guest this weekend, and he just left, so it was a lazy breakfast, and my husband made blueberry pancakes. Also #winning.

DavePNW

I’m guessing a marathon happened.

Dave

LRB

I'm also supposed to run 9 miles today, and I am going to force myself to get out there.

I feel like I've read this before...

Does your hubby make house calls?

LRB

I’m guessing a marathon happened.

In the midst of the cloud cover clearing and an uptick in temps (it was 53 at the start), the conditions likely didn't help.

RunningOnSand

I feel like I've read this before...

Does your hubby make house calls?

LOL. Yesterday? Smile Only yesterday I did not force myself.

You know, he should! He could make a killing on his pancakes Big grin

DavePNW

I cannot handle Tuna. Correction: I do love tuna but only when it is not in a can. I wish I could, though, b/c it's an easy, great source of protein

my husband made blueberry pancakes. Also #winning.

I know the correction is necessary, since you are the pre-race sushi queen.

And I need to get myself a husband like this. Love me some blueberry pancakes. Actually my wife treats me very well in the food department. For second breakfast, I just had some of her black rice pudding, which is made with coconut milk and berries cooked in.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran about 6.5. During the second half, I wanted to scream at another runner. I run along a main road. Whenever possible, I run facing traffic, because lots of businesses & homes that drivers are turning into. First, at a red light/don't walk signal, she ran halfway into the intersection and stood there jogging in place Then once I crossed the main road to face traffic, I watched her just blinding cross every intersection/business driveway--never checked behind her & she had on headphones, so doubt she could hear. No way am I assuming drivers turning right are gonna stop for me to cross.

GinnyinPA

My twisted ankle from yesterday turned painful and swollen last night. Nothing major, but running is out. I did walk the dog, but the last 1/2 mile was slow.

Cy - have a great vacation.

Avocado and brie sounds really good.

HC - I see people do really stupid things on group runs. They seem to assume that because there are more people, the cars will automatically give right of way. That is a bad assumption.