Beginners and Beyond

One of them DAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Hi,

I didn't want to do it, but I got on out of here and did it.

You?

delicate flower

Hey gang and on that note WHAT IT DO!  I think I like Wednesdays, because Wednesday means no morning workout and so I get to sleep in.  9 hours of solid shut eye last night.  Bike ride later.

<3

Cyberic

I slept in and a good friend of mine is retiring, so there's a party for him tonight. Either I run at lunch time, or I skip today. My foot is screeming at me to take a RD. I'll see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Since I ran yesterday, then today it's a rest day.  Can't complain about that...

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

No running today, just strength this morning.  Back on the bowflex train and loving it, been slacking.  I'm going to keep it going through my marathon training as well, three days a week on rest/recovery days.

Cyberic, from yesterday, I'll have to see how the Pfitz cycle goes, but if my tuneup points to sub-3, then I'll lay it out there (I think it will, I feel that it's a realistic goal for me).  My 10k this Sat morning will be a good starting indicator.  I'm fully recovered from my 100 and will give it a full race effort.  I'll use that for my training paces and re-evaluate throughout the cycle with at least one short race every month.  Need to find a good half in Sept for my tuneup.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I couldn't drag my butt out of bed this morning, wore out from yesterday evening's hot and sunny 4.8 mile run then grocery shopping THEN preparing dinner and the next couple of days' lunches.

Hopefully I can go for a short 3 mile run at 4 PM before bible study then go for another 3 mile run afterwards, when it is darker... and a little cooler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I did run today. I guess I didn't get the memo that today was some sort of global RD. Smile 9.1 for me.

- Andrew

DavePNW

8 w/7x200m. A little race-week workout I came up with, I call it The Jenny. After Forrest Gump's boat. Because the other one would be disappointed that (1) I lost count and did and extra rep, and (2) I hammered them. 44-45 sec each.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 w/7x200m. A little race-week workout I came up with, I call it The Jenny. After Forrest Gump's boat. Because the other one would be disappointed that (1) I lost count and did and extra rep, and (2) I hammered them. 44-45 sec each.

You should suggest to Garmin that they come up with a way to allow you to program a work out.

DavePNW

You should suggest to Garmin that they come up with a way to allow you to program a work out.

HA HA! When I do intervals at the track, I never bother to program it, I just count laps. Usually I am able to count better.

Dave

LRB

HA HA! When I do intervals at the track, I never bother to program it, I just count laps. Usually I am able to count better.

Old school,  nice.

Zelanie

I got a Garmin prinarily because I can't count and run. I rarely program workouts though.  The lap button and lap duration works for me. Busy day today, it's our 16th anniversary, plus my daughter wants to see a movie, but maybe I will run 1.

LRB

I had 7 miles + eight strides on the docket this morning, and for the fact that I took my first step about 35 minutes after I got out of bed, meant it felt completely unnatural!

The run opened up steadily though and by the time I got to the strides, I was ready. The goal for the strides today was stride length, not top end speed. I pretty much nailed them bitches so I am really happy with today's effort.

DavePNW

Old school,  nice.

Or just old.

This is the first time I've ever run 200's. It was a blast; impossible NOT to hammer them. Of course I realize I might not feel that way if I had to run 20 of them.

Dave

onemile

I program it and somehow still screw up.