Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Not always a bad thing (Read 48 times)

LRB

Live this mofo to the fullest yo. That's what I am going to do today.

Cyberic

I shall run today. After yesterday's dragging my butt on the run, today I'll do a few MP miles. When I started this MP thing, I wasn't sure what that pace was. So I settled for a nice, round number (in metric) of 4:30/km. After feeling particularily tired I figured that pace might be a little fast and checked: it would yield a 3:09:53 marathon. So I won't feel bad if my training MP drops a bit Big grin

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Make it a great one.

Cyberic99, I hope that your MP miles are excellent.

Yesterday afternoon, I returned to the gym for weights.

This morning, I did 4.4 TM miles in 40:00. 9:05 pace. I haven't eaten anything since about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, so, that's all I had in me.

I've been keeping up with push-ups and ab work.

I'm on my way home to make some brown rice with barley and aduki beans for lunch and dinner today and lunch tomorrow. I hope to manage a nap before the wake tonight. I'll need my strength.

delicate flower

Hello, kids!  After trying to blow off my swim this morning, for some odd reason I actually dragged myself out of bed and went to the pool.  1000 yards in 35 minutes, which for me is actually pretty good.  Run planned tonight, the nature of which I am currently undecided on.  I'm leaning towards a treadmill speed workout, though I'll take it easier as those things go will not hammer it like I normally would.  Ok then now.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates class and 7 miles tonight.

Basya, my continued hugs and thoughts are with you today.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! 4.3 miles this morning with 2 miles at race pace. I usually like to warm up for 2-2.5 miles, but I'm figuring that I won't want to tucker myself out on race day so I only did a mile before launching into race pace this morning. First mile was hard (8:22), settled into a rhythm by the end of the second mile (8:15).

Think my plan for race day will be to jog 1-1.5 miles with a couple of strides toward the end, do some dynamic warm-up stuff, and after the gun goes off, ease into the effort over the first mile rather than trying to go out at 8:23 right off the bat. If I end up on pace right away, awesome, but even if I have an 8:45-9:00 mile I can still make that time up later.

MTA: OH SNAP, I have a bib number already! For your stalking pleasure: http://allsportsevents.com/Results/running_results/WallisSandsHalfMarathon2015.html#/person:&entry_id=268:1431436965872

LRB

Morning dailies! 4.3 miles this morning with 2 miles at race pace. I usually like to warm up for 2-2.5 miles, but I'm figuring that I won't want to tucker myself out on race day so I only did a mile before launching into race pace this morning. First mile was hard (8:22), settled into a rhythm by the end of the second mile (8:15).

Think my plan for race day will be to jog 1-1.5 miles with a couple of strides toward the end, do some dynamic warm-up stuff, and after the gun goes off, ease into the effort over the first mile rather than trying to go out at 8:23 right off the bat. If I end up on pace right away, awesome, but even if I have an 8:45-9:00 mile I can still make that time up later.

I typically run 3 miles as a warmup for anything from a mile to a half marathon, but I train that way so it is not something different that I am trying on race day. My usual advice therefore is to race how you train, but there are exceptions.

From the Internet.

I typically run 3 miles as a warmup for anything from a mile to a half marathon, but I train that way so it is not something different that I am trying on race day. My usual advice therefore is to race how you train, but there are exceptions.

I'm mostly just worried that I won't end up with time for more than 1-1.5 miles, haha. Figured it would be good to have a plan that accounts for that distinct possibility - I tend to run late for pretty much everything despite all my best intentions.

If I get there with time for 2 miles pre-race, though, I'll be happy!

StepbyStep-SH

Looking like an URD, because no one in this family knows how to sleep at night. Ugh.

Cleaned up my son's smoothie from all over the refrigerator shelves, door, and the kitchen floor in a 4-foot radius, after he dropped it trying to put it back in the fridge. Double Ugh.

And I really need to be working because I have a shit-ton of work to get done today, but even two cups of coffee have yet to actually perk me up. Blech.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did not have a good run this morning.  I had a GREAT run.  Per the local weather guy, we are supposedly going to get some major rain in the PM today, so I was up at 5 a.m. and off to the university where I work to get in my run before the wet gets here.   Ended up with 4.1 miles.  Sweet run, with most of the students gone for the upcoming summer, nice and quiet on the campus, felt like I had my own little running area kingdom, lol. Did go off campus for about a mile or so...and got chased by a bulldozer for a moment or two when I cut across a big dirt plot....and even that was fun!  Never a dull moment! 

May 12th is Limerick Day!  Share some of your favorite limericks!

A limerick from a guy named Tim (http://www.runtheedge.com/2011/03/running-limericks-contest/) 

I can blow a rocket of snot
                      From my nose like a rifle shot
                      I don’t mean to be rude
                      Or appear to be crude
                      But it happens quite a lot

It is also:

International Nurses Day

KEYWORD1 2009-09-21 just so you know we have two methods of drawing ...

National Nutty Fudge Day

, Fudge Store picture, Fudge Store pictures, Fudge Store image, Fudge ...

Odometer Day - Most runners only need a pedometer....but the speedy LRB, Baboon, etc., probably need an odometer to clock their quick miles!

Odometer cartoons, Odometer cartoon, funny, Odometer picture, Odometer pictures, Odometer image, Odometer images, Odometer illustration, Odometer illustrations

cartoon about this bill here is his cartoon odometer tax

driving, fossil fuels, car manual

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

I decided to take a rest day yesterday, in the hope that this will help me have a half-decent speed workout tonight. Goal is 9 miles with 800m intervals.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

cjones1

I find it suddenly easier to be up at 5am now that it's light by 5:15 or so.  6.5m easy today.  Trying a little speedwork tomorrow.  It's been nice just cruising along nice and easy for a couple weeks, so we'll see how that goes.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

"Odometer Day - Most runners only need a pedometer....but the speedy LRB, Baboon, etc., probably need an odometer to clock their quick miles!"

I am just happy to be putzing along these days. lol

Found a trail near my hotel which ended up being super hilly. Therefore only did 7 miles in about the same time I should have done 8. And this was supposed to be an easy day, but it wasn't. I guess I will need to get used to hills. I don't like it one bit.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Same shit as usual

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)