Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

LRB

Hey.

Think Imma pull out the big bike and cruise into work on two wheels for the first time this year, a sure sign that spring has finally sprung.

What's up with you today yo?

Cyberic

A 3 mile tempo run will be today's workout

Half Crazy K 2.0

Coffee. Lots of it. And no running. Maybe some upper body and core after work.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What's up all, I've got good news for both Rocky and I. I think the temperature this morning helped but it was 63 degrees and only 55% humidity with a bit of wind, and I think the 4 days of no running helped Rocky a lot. He didn't lag during this run and we kept an average pace of 10:04 for the 5.3 miles we ran. My legs did great, could feel a little tightness just under my left knee at the very end of my hamstring but nothing awful... I did stretch before the run and I think that helped. The run went great even with the loose dogs that changed my plans of an out and back flat route to a route where the final 2 miles were pretty hilly and I had to run past an abandoned creepy house.... in the dark 

After that it was to the gym for what ended up being 54 minutes of shoulders and delts.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX8reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX8reps
          Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 70lbsX12reps, 70lbsX12reps, 70lbsX14reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 70lbsX8reps
          Rear Delts: 50lbsX12reps, 55lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
          Torso Rotation: 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps
          Shoulder Shrugs: 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps
          Upright Barbell Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
          Front Plate Raise: 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX10reps, 35lbsX12reps

I am going to take a bath and go back to bed for an hour or 2 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Getting the bike out sounds like a great idea, LRB. Enjoy!

I finally feel 100% myself. I'll be spending most of the day outside once again and if it's less windy than yesterday, I will rake what's left of the leaves from last year. I have 10 tonight, with some @ MP, but not certain how many. Depends on how I feel.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning and hello!  I got an early swim in today.  1000 yards total.  10 x 100 yards.  Seems like only a month ago I could only do 25 yards at a time.  Oh, wait, it was only a month ago.  Love that newbie learning curve!  One hour of easy running on the post-work schedule as well.

Time to go troll for some coffee....

<3

From the Internet.

Morning dailies!

Legs seem to be OK again (?), though I'll have a better idea this afternoon. 7.5 miles and the first track workout of the year, IT bands and calves and shins all behaved themselves so that was wonderful.

Workout itself, ouch, but at least not in an injury sort of way. Went out planning to do 6-7x800 at 5k pace. Turns out 5k pace is really hard when you haven't run that fast in months. Managed 4x800 in 3:45, 3:48, 3:45, 3:52, and after the massive slowdown on the 4th rep I slowed down a bit to 10kish pace for a 1200 (5:56) to at least get in most of my intended volume.

LRB

Getting the bike out sounds like a great idea, LRB. Enjoy! 

It was awesome!

Imagine being able to run any pace from easy to marathon to 10k, all the way down to 60 meter pace for as long as you want with just a flick of the wrist.

That! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a run with hubby tonight.  Pilates in a few, asthma doctor after that, so the day off work will be busy.  I want to see how low my breathing is.  I am still congested a bit so I assume the numbers will be low but by how much?  Sigh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you are feeling better, Lily.

LRB, get that bike out!

Damaris

Zelanie

Hey guys!  Felt mysteriously good yesterday, so I ran 6.  Tonight should be between 6 and 10.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Trying to muster up some mojo for my ruN. Mine went missing.  Lots of rrs on the main page. I read a couple and commented. I will try to get to the rest today or tomorrow.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

B-Plus

Trying to muster up some mojo for my ruN. Mine went missing.  Lots of rrs on the main page. I read a couple and commented. I will try to get to the rest today or tomorrow.

+1. 8 with strides tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day from running yesterday but got a bit of exercise in by mowing my lawn that got out of control with all the rain we've had.  Good thing I did it yesterday, my area is supposed to get more rain off-and-on the rest of this week.  Weather is still pretty nice, though; today for my run/walk after work it will be a pleasant 80 degrees with dewpoint only in the 50s and humidity in the 40 percent range, sweeet.

Don't know what I did to my back this morning...raised my arm up and something 'popped'.  Back eased up with a bit of walking, but I can still feel it some...think my back is sending me a signal, it's time to get my arthritis injections again..

Enjoy the bike ride, LRB.  Just don't get  two-tired too soon...

Happy tempo run, Cy!

Nice run for you and Rocky, FreeSoul, even if you did have to go by the creepy house....glad nothing came out of it after you....Ruh Roh!

Good luck with the miles, Lily, and glad you're feeling well again!  As for the raking....leave it!

Congrats on your swimming progress, Phil!

Enjoy your day off, Damaris, even if it is a bit busy.  Hope your breathing/congestion resolves for you quickly!

Glad you're feeling good, Zelanie, mysteriously or not.   Happy miles!

Hope you find your mojo, Bertha!

Sounds like you are making great strides, B-Plus!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Dailies.

Last night my patella strap and I ran 8 miles on the new track. It was ok.  I may do some more tonight.

Buh-bye.