Beginners and Beyond

Thunderstorm Thursdalies (Read 40 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today's high is going to be 99 with a heat index of 103, dewpoint well above 70.  That is a bit too hot even for me.  So I was up at 5 a.m. and off to the Y.  Started out from the Y a little after 5:30 a.m., and did hills in the surrounding neighborhood.  Very sticky this morning, 78 degrees, with a feels like temp of 82, humidity at 87% and dewpoint at 73.  Ended up with 3.3 miles and along the way met two very friendly pit-bull mix puppies that I gave treats to.  Right before I finished, I ran on part of the running trail at Trinity University and as I ran around one part of it, the sprinklers for the infield grass came on, giving me a bit of a soaking.  Which felt quite refreshing, actually.   Rest day tomorrow and then my 'long' run will be my 8K (4.96 miles) race on Saturday, followed by a 5K race on Sunday morning.

July  11:  Today's bizarre holidays are Slurpee Day and Cheer Up The Lonely Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

July  11:  Today's bizarre holidays are Slurpee Day and Cheer Up The Lonely Day

FREE SMALL SLURPEE at 7-11 on 7-11!  OH YEAH

https://www.7-eleven.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't have one nearby, so I'll miss the slurpee day.

Damaris

B-Plus

Hey now!

Is your name also Phil? Cool, I didn't know that. I'm Ben. Scary looking tornado!

14 miles later w/ 8 @ MPish

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Oski, 5 miles from your house!  Scary!  Glad you did not end up in Kansas!    I had a tornado experience when I lived in Arkansas. Those things are scary!

Good luck with the 11 miles, Damaris.  Thanks for the jury advice yesterday.  I did what you said and got info on what to do and you are right, I won't even have to show up.  How much do you charge an hour?  Joking

Kristin:  oaibs? Confused  Sorry your run was not a good one.  Hope all those aches and other thingamajigs all go away!

Glad you had no pain, DaveP, that is good news!

The weather you ran in sounds like ours, Phil.  Kinda like running in a sauna or plant hothouse.  Glad your PT is going well.

Your mother is Greek, Basya?  My boss is married to a Greek, who is a professor here at the university we all work for.  They travel to Greece every June to visit her in-laws and she always brings me back a little statuette, since she knows I enjoy ancient history, mythology etc.  I am getting quite a pantheon of Greek characters, so far I have Hermes, Apollo, Pan, and Agamemnon.   Good luck with your run later.  Your dad's side of the family is Spartan...that explains quite a bit about your very disciplined exercise regimen... Big grin  Umm, you do know the Greeks ran nude, right?  Live up to your heritage....   Wink

Good luck with your miles at some point today April.  Be careful not to fall off the point when you run there.

Congrats on your progression run, Andrew.

Dang, Hobbit..glad my tornado experience was nothing like yours! Scary!   Enjoy your group run and the treats!

Enjoy that slurpee, MBC!

Sorry you will miss out on the Slurpees, Damaris.   7-11 just bought out all the local TETCO stores in San Antonio, so slurpees are now available here...another reason for you to move here. Wink

Good luck with your miles later, B-Plus!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, good that you didn't have to show up.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  RD for me today.  Sweet, sweet, RD.

DaveP- Did you get a dignosis, then?  I'm glad you're able to run a bit!

Oski- Yikes!  Stay safe!

Hip Redux

Is your name also Phil?

No.  lol

I was very glad when you emailed me back (and were home and not out running) when I saw the tornado warning flash across the tv screen!

You are my tornado emergency broadcast system!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay for no pain.  What was the diagnosis?  I must have missed it.

Oski, wow that does look scary!

Beautiful & sunny here, and even cooled down a bit! And I even ran today! Sort of...2.5 slow, cautious miles. No pain; hopefully I can get back into the groove.

Have a great day everyone!

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Dave - glad to hear about the pain free miles.

Basya - if we have a party, you can bring some yummy greek food.  Oh, and some crazy!

Oski - scary pic.  Somebody needs to tidy up their yard!

Well my legs are starting to get a touch of that restless taper feeling.  I'm driving up into the mountains today, camping on my own tonight, and meeting up with some other runners from Denver tomorrow.

We have a super-sweet 27 mile run planned. It's supposed to be a very laid-back run to enjoy the scenery.  I hope so. I creeped around on athlinks and some of these people are scary fast.  One lady is a pro trail runner; came in second at Pike's Peak Marathon!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Is this the real dailies?  Heh heh - I have posted to the penguins thread more than once the last few days, thinking it was the dailies. No problem - everyone there's cool too!

4 miles today in mild, but very humid weather. Sun came out this afternoon so that helped a great deal in terms of burning off some of the excess water. And water, there is. Last week, we had almost 10 inches of rain in a 7 day period. And since I reset the gauge Tuesday, we've had 1.46 more inches of rain. It's been a wet July so far.

Have a good one, everyone!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Heh heh - I have posted to the penguins thread more than once the last few days, thinking it was the dailies. No problem - everyone there's cool too!

And here I was thinking you loved us! Cry

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Arg thanks, scotty for noticing my typos. Damn phone

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Hey everyone! Went to NYC today for a bit, I went to a trim store to pick out ribbon for some fun headbands. I was going to walk on the TM when I got home but I am finding I cannot get out of bed. I did walk up the steps coming out of the path station, and walked from 33rd and 6th to 45th and 9th, so that's got to count for something.

i also got macarons and pumpkin cupcake.