Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Ready for the Cup (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Penguins.   Wow, that was a long game.  Any Bruins out there?  Steph?

DW wants a RD.  I think she is trying to delay our next LR.

Good luck Sunday racers.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Off to the 4M race that I signed up for on a whim yesterday when I went to the LRS and they were having packet pickup for it. Not "racing" but I still think I can PR because I didn't race my other 2 4Ms either. Hoping to run a progression up to 10K pace for the last 2 miles.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck with 4m Kristin.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Jerry - thanks for getting us started!

Kristin - good luck with your race

As for me - ran 5 last night and looking to get in 6 tonight.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Run done.  It was super hot already at 6am so it was a very sunny and wet run.

Good luck, kristin.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

4M race done. My legs had no oomph after the 7 mile distance PR training run yesterday. 10K pace in the last 2 miles did not happen, but I would say it was 10K effort. 45:45 according to garmin. A minute slower than my PR. Meh.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4M race done. My legs had no oomph after the 7 mile distance PR training run yesterday. 10K pace in the last 2 miles did not happen, but I would say it was 10K effort. 45:45 according to garmin. A minute slower than my PR. Meh.

Good job Kristin after yesterday 7.  Are you still doing 10 miler next week?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yes. I was using yesterday's LR to determine if I thought it was even possible. Finished 7 feeling great, pain free, gas left in the tank and able to run 4 in the morning.....so it may be slow but I think I am confident I can give it a go. First sign of any pain I will swallow my pride and DNF though.

Good job Kristin after yesterday 7.  Are you still doing 10 miler next week?

Bin Running

Kristin, good luck. Enjoy it.

8M with some in very light drizzle. Felt good. Have a bz weekend with old classmate wedding, meeting DW BFF,  visiting a big aquarium, did some shopping as it is the annual sale here.

Bought some trousers, some kid stuff, a running short and pure cadence. All on sale.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good job, Kristin!

Damaris

SheCan

Morning penguins!

Hey Jerry, Gustav!

kristin-- have fun at the race!!

Docket-- sunny/wet run!  I swear that's how it always seemed in Florida in the summer to me.  Good job getting your run in early!

Bin-- sounds like a busy weekend.  Yay@ the sale scores.  I'm such a sale addict I have trouble buying anything full price.

Today's my rest day, so I'm enjoying my coffee outside.  I love running, but I do wish I had more lazy mornings like this.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I won't be as lucky during tonight's run.  Last night it was so bad, I had to stop before getting a heart attack.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Kristin - after yesterday's 7, it's not surprising you didn't PR.  Still, it's good training, running on tired legs.

Jerry - I'm with your wife.  Long runs  can be intimidating, especially so soon after finishing another HM.  Enjoy your RD.

Gustav - enjoy your six.

Damaris - doubles in that heat?  Ouch.  Please don't have a heart attack, or even a heat attack.

Bin - I hope the busy weekend went well. Good scores on the sales.

Cherie - enjoy your rest day.  I always enjoy starting the day with a cup of coffee outside, but rarely do it unless I'm camping.  Our patio faces due west, and has no shade, so we spend very little time out there, though it's nice in the morning.

AFM:  It will probably be a rest day for me.  I'm hoping to take Ben to the woods or the park in a while, someplace shady anyhow.  Hot and humid here, but it's supposed to cool off in a couple of days.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD furor me but it's day two of the swim meet.