Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are here (Read 31 times)

Morning Everyone

Ran an easy 5mi in this awful humidity. 8:38avg. Legs are tired and my calf is nagging me. Not sure what thats all about but I will roll it out tonight. We got our Son who turns 3 on Saturday a little Trek Kickster balance bike yesterday. These things are awesome. Apparently you can teach a kid as young as a year old how to start riding. Exciting stuff.

Whats everyone got going on ?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.

I have Pilates and 6.  Today is my short Friday, which means I'll be home by 4pm...or 7, depending on this fucking traffic, lol.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good damn morning!

Jay, you better take that bike back immediately.  It might lead to many hours bent over sweating, while wearing goofy clothes.

I ran 8 miles of goodness.  It was a great way to start the day, and I really liked it.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  Day 3 and final day of my report writer training class.  I have enjoyed it and the class has flown by.

Ran an easy 5mi in this awful humidity. 8:38avg. Legs are tired

+1, except 8:05 avg.  I have a swim later which I was going to do at the local lake, but thunderstorms are in the forecast so I will plan on going to the pool.  100 mile bike on tap tomorrow.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Sitting here at work without power, waiting for the battery on my laptop to die.

Had a nice 3.5 on the trail last night, except I got stung on the neck by a wasp! Thankfully it feels better this morning. I'll probably run two miles this morning before leaving work early to head to packet pickup.

Race starts at 4am tomorrow I won't be on for a couple days - hopefully I can report back on my first sub-24 100!

Good luck to all you guys that may be racing this weekend too.

Jay...neat stuff about the little bike! Hope your aches take a hike soon.

Docket..Fingers crossed for 4pm!

Pleasant...Congrats on the 8 miles - nice to see you pleased with it.

Baboon...loved that treadmill dog yesterday...too funny! Good luck on the weekend long ride.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Ran 12.75 miles, with 4 x ( 3km / 2min ) or in imperial 4 x ( 1.86 miles / 2 min).

Paces: 6:33, 6:31, 6:42, 6:38

Thought I could hold the pace of the first two for the whole thing, but my legs were struggling in the third one.

This workout was to work on my resistance. I obviously need more work

KCRuns

Good luck SIAR and anyone else racing this weekend!

Regarding the Garmin discussion yesterday, mine was being weird too and it turns out there was an update in the app store.  I downloaded it last night and now everything seems fine.  I also had issues with the Final Surge app not showing workout paces for intervals.  I emailed them and they are great at customer service, I always get a response back within a few hours.  Turns out their app update last week has a bug so if you use this app, they'll be releasing another update with a fix soon.

In a first for me, I wiped out on the sidewalk during my run this morning.  Even worse, there were witnesses.  I sat there stunned for a few minutes, so I couldn't even jump up and pretend everything was okay, it was mortifying.  But I'm glad I live in a city where people will help you.  Anyway, I'm scrapped up pretty good, my knee took the worst of it, and even my cheek is bruised and swollen. I walked into work looking like a train wreck with blood all over my hands and leg.  But it appears nothing is broken and I'll be just fine.  It was one of those that takes forever to happen, you go several steps trying to recover before you actually fall and slide across the concrete. UGH.  Anyway, I was still a mile away from work and no cabs in sight, so I walked a few blocks and then jogged it in.  A little over 2 miles for the day.  I'm supposed to do 16 tomorrow, but I'll have to wait and see how the knee is feeling later, I'm icing it now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

KC, hope the knee is ok. I've had witnesses for both my sidewalk wipe outs. One was helpful and gave me some paper towels and band aids. He also told me recovery takes longer as you get older.  He was much older than me. The other was a teenager on his phone. He was not impressed.

For those who wear Brooks, Holabird Sports has older models as the deal of the day. Not sure how the prices compare to Running Warehouse, I shop at Holabird because it's local and way better pricing than the LRS.

Cyberic

Race starts at 4am tomorrow I won't be on for a couple days - hopefully I can report back on my first sub-24 100!

Wish you the best

Cyberic

KC, ouch. Hope you're all right.

I only fell twice while running, and both times it was because my foot hit something. Once it was a root, and can't remember what it was the other time. Both times I got out with only very minor scratches.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 12.75 miles, with 4 x ( 3km / 2min ) or in imperial 4 x ( 1.86 miles / 2 min).

Paces: 6:33, 6:31, 6:42, 6:38

Thought I could hold the pace of the first two for the whole thing, but my legs were struggling in the third one.

This workout was to work on my resistance. I obviously need more work

Nice workout! You'll continue to get the work in and see improvements, no doubt.

KC...Sorry about the fall! I'm glad it wasn't too serious. I've been there too - it isn't pretty 

Thanks for the well wishes all...leaving work now!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

hopefully I can report back on my first sub-24 100!

Insane to even attempt a race that long.  Bests of luck, SIAR!

<3

delicate flower

In a first for me, I wiped out on the sidewalk during my run this morning.  

A rite of passage for most runners.  Welcome aboard.  Nice to hear it's nothing too serious.  It's a shock to the system when you hit that pavement.  There is no give.  The last time I fell it was due to hitting an ice patch and I hit the ground at mach speed.  Unlike with your fall, my brain never had a chance to register the fact that I was falling.  I hit the ice and hit the ground before I knew what the hell was happening.  It's probably better that way! 

<3

GinnyinPA

SIAR - good luck with your race this weekend. I can't begin to fathom trying to run for 100 miles. I have a hard enough time with 26.

Baboon - good luck with your century tomorrow.

KC - Sorry about the fall. I've had 4 bad ones, no witnesses for any of them AFAIK. At least, for the two sidewalk falls, cars drove by without stopping, so I assume nobody noticed me.  I had one of the slow motion falls on a forest road that I was zooming down. You try to stay upright but no, down you go. I hope you recover quickly.

Jay - I hope you can roll or massage the knot out of your calf.

PR - sounds like you had a lovely run.

D - wishing you no traffic this afternoon.

Cy - nice speedy workout

I've got 6 this afternoon, hopefully before the thunderstorms hit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning! Sitting here at work without power, waiting for the battery on my laptop to die.

Had a nice 3.5 on the trail last night, except I got stung on the neck by a wasp! Thankfully it feels better this morning. I'll probably run two miles this morning before leaving work early to head to packet pickup.

Good luck to all you guys that may be racing this weekend too.

Jay...neat stuff about the little bike! Hope your aches take a hike soon.

Docket..Fingers crossed for 4pm!

Pleasant...Congrats on the 8 miles - nice to see you pleased with it.

Baboon...loved that treadmill dog yesterday...too funny! Good luck on the weekend long ride.

Have fun!!!!

Damaris