Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are here (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Today I was wearing my green Adidas Boston Boost 5 shoes, with big holes on both sides of the forefoot. With black/grey/red socks, the holes weren't very discreet. I had an orange singlet.  I probably hurt people's eyes, lol.

delicate flower

Adidas Boston Boost 

I've been wearing mine almost exclusively since I got my first pair last month.  At first I got them just to try them, but I had no idea I would love them so much.  They are now #1 on my shoe depth chart.

<3

onemile

I ran 6.

Cyberic

I've been wearing mine almost exclusively since I got my first pair last month.  At first I got them just to try them, but I had no idea I would love them so much.  They are now #1 on my shoe depth chart.

I know you were a fan of the Adios, which I liked also, but always wondered how come you weren't also using Bostons, as I think they are better suited for every day training. If not for the fact that my forefeet started rejecting narrow shoes, I would have worn the Bostons for my 50K. I ended up wearing a pair pair of NB890V6, that are also light trainers, but inferior to the Bostons. By a lot.

Cyberic

RunningOnSand

Me too. Love mine. Except I'm trying to be nice to my Achilles and break them in slowly (which is torturous since I bought them when I already was overdue for a new pair of shoes--so now I'm either running in beat up Ghosts (and getting beat up in the process), or risking pissing off my Achilles if I make the full switch too soon. #1stWorldProbs

KC, so sorry not only about the fall, but about the witnesses. You must have taken a pretty good one considering your cheek is also banged up. 

SIAR, I can't fathom doing 100 miles. Cannot wait to read your RR. Go knock it out!!

I ran 4.5 easy miles w/4 strides at the end. I've got a HM tomorrow morning so I'm trying to drink all the water. Probably too late, but oh well. 

onemile

Me too. Love mine. Except I'm trying to be nice to my Achilles and break them in slowly (which is torturous since I bought them when I already was overdue for a new pair of shoes--so now I'm either running in beat up Ghosts (and getting beat up in the process), or risking pissing off my Achilles if I make the full switch too soon. #1stWorldProbs

They are traditional drop so I wouldn't expect them to cause Achilles problems.  But they aren't cushioned enough for every day use for me.  Beat up Ghosts still ought to be much more cushioned

Runshortii

Runshortii

I also love my Bostons. Has anyone raced a marathon in them? I was going to wear my hokas for Chicago but I’m much more fond of my bostons lately...

onemile

Runshortii are you running the Cudahy classic on Sunday?

delicate flower

Got my 2400 yard swim done, and it was a good one.  I swam 8.5 miles this week.  When I put it like that, it feels like a lot.

<3

onemile

I also love my Bostons. Has anyone raced a marathon in them? I was going to wear my hokas for Chicago but I’m much more fond of my bostons lately...

I haven't but I wear the Adios for a marathon which is a little less cushioned than the Bostons.  Just do some longer tempo workouts in them and then try for a long run workout and if all feels good, should be just fine for a marathon

onemile

Speaking of the Adios. They are at Finish Line for $45 now. I ordered one the other day. How many is a reasonable number to buy??? It seems wrong not to buy all of them for this price.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got all dressed and ready to head out for a run, then thunder.  So did 6 on the treadmill.

Onemile, all the shoes is a perfectly acceptable answer. Especially since the shoe companies always "improve" the latest version, making it suck.

RunningOnSand

Got all dressed and ready to head out for a run, then thunder.  So did 6 on the treadmill.

Onemile, all the shoes is a perfectly acceptable answer. Especially since the shoe company's always "improve" the latest version, making it suck.

+1

Yeah, my beat up Ghosts are still way more cushiony than my Bostons!

random string of consciousness: WHERE IS COASTAL?!

I'm still holding out hope that one day DaveP will drop us a line, saying he's back up to his crazy mileage and fast as a mofo.